Best Corps Songs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lobbied for a "corps song" in both corps I was involved with over the years. Neither corps seemed interested.

My argument was, and is, that although it may seem funny the first year or two it will eventually become tradition. It will make great memories and bond the kids together.

When UofD got a new director ten years ago she did just that, and now a game wouldn't be complete without it.

Maybe if I offer my donation$ with a request I can make this happen.....

Top 5 Favorites

5. Amazing Grace- Phantom Regiment

4. Chase the Clouds Away- Blue Devils

3. Send in the Clowns- SCV

2. You'll Never Walk Alone- Madison

1. Legends- Southwind

Its to the tune of 'The Ludlows' from Legends of the Fall the music is goregeous to begin with and then when they sing it...omg..I was choking up after quarters when they sang it post-performance...

The ghost of Southwind lives forever...

As days go by, we shall go on

With the memories and the friendships that last so long

Our family will cherish forever and ever always.

Our heads help up high, with the pride that we share.

We stand as one forever.

The future holds what legends have left-

watch as our march goes on.

Rhythms through time

With the music we climb

Dancing on we shall find

The ghost of Southwind lives forever

Our loving kin shall rise together

As heroes fade, the legends live on

We turn to go, but live as one

I don't know if I could ever choose which corps song was the best. They are all the best in my opinion. The corps song is tradition among that corps and is a bond that a those members share. It is what identifies them from everyone else. For example, if you hear Amazing Grace, you think Phantom .. you hear Send in the Clown, you think SCV ... Chase the Clouds away, you think the Devils. It is what makes that corps that corps and will last through the generations. Therefore, I can't say which is better. As each different song is a part of the rich history and tradition of each individal corps, all of them are the best. :)

I don't know if I could ever choose which corps song was the best.  They are all the best in my opinion.  The corps song is tradition among that corps and is a bond that a those members share.  It is what identifies them from everyone else.  For example, if you hear Amazing Grace, you think Phantom .. you hear Send in the Clown, you think SCV ... Chase the Clouds away, you think the Devils.  It is what makes that corps that corps and will last through the generations.  Therefore, I can't say which is better.  As each different song is a part of the rich history and tradition of each individal corps, all of them are the best.  :)

Ditto.