Best Year Ever

For me it would either be 2003, 1996, or 1989.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to jump on the 1993 bandwagon. Despite Jackson, MS being my least favorite championship location, I enjoyed the top twelve more than in any other year (and the top two remain two of my all-time favorite shows). I'd put 1992 and 1996 in as runners-up.

Edited by jcn8

1985-1986

Great shows and concepts that you didn't have to leave wondering about, pure music and story telling at it's best.  :)  :)

and now a bit of sarcasm:

"Yeah, I agree. But in 86 if SCV had only had some narration to explain their show, I might have been able to enjoy it better... " ^0^

1984 85 are in my opinion the best yrs of drum corps.

84 is the year that started my drum corps career so that will always be special. I remember watching cadets at semis and saying to a friend "why is garfield split up on the field" duh west side story. Then watching it at finals going WOW!!!! f' in cool.

Then pr and scv and obviously lafiesta.

85 was my fav cause of scv and Madison and Cadets again SCV's show was awesome. Perfect opener and a perfect closer. Gorgeous show!!!

I’ll get flamed for this because the BIG THREE’s shows were so unpopular this year but I think top to bottom 2005 was my favorite. After quarterfinals most years, I’m not in any hurry to get back to see the 17th – 13th corps at semifinals. This year I was! And the finals group :huh: I’d say that positions 3 and 5-12 are top contenders for the best ever at their respective positions. I’ll probably forget this opinion in a couple of years (because of the recent “elite” corps less crowd pleasing shows of 2005) and go back to my favorites of 1980 and 1991. Right now I’m still thankful for wanting to be in my seat for almost every corps performance in 2005.

I’ll get flamed for this because the BIG THREE’s shows were so unpopular this year ...

I dunno about that ... I thought the top three, especially PR, were very well received. A few complaints here and there about the Cadets, but they got a nice crowd response, too. And it may not be people's favorite Cavaliers show ever, but I think most fans enjoyed it. Don't underrate this season's top three.