Drum Corps Swag

OK, we all have little pieces of uniforms and so on, but who has something REALLY cool they made off with at the end of the season.

This only comes to mind because my little brother bought me an old 2 valve DEG baritone for my birthday. He came across it on Ebay and God only knows who was selling it.

For my part, when Regiment was moving from the old corps hall on River Rd to the new one in 1990 they had the old metal sign that hung on the side of the original equipment truck (with the mask not the chevron).

Well after camp it was in the dumpster if you can believe it so I pulled it out, threw it in the car and brought it home. been in my bedroom ever since.

Would consider re-domating it to the corps if they could promise it wouldn't end up in the dumpster again.

A couple that friends of mine have that I've seen:

* one of the dice from BD '92

* one of the old BD uniform jackets

* one of the 92 Cadets flight jackets from the guard

* a Cadets snare from 93, and a drumset from 94

Those are some I can think of off the top of my head. All of this stuff I have seen, but some of the equipment might have been returned (the snare and set I saw years after the fact, i.e. the 93 snare was in their house winter of 96) by now.

I have the uniform 'shield' off the uni jacket that I used in 97 and 98 hanging up in my room, and my wife has her corps uniform from her rookie year (they corps changed unis the next year).

--

doug

When I went to the memorial service for Jerry Seawright, I met another BD alum who marched in later years than I. He claimed he had the original tuxedo jacket that we first used in '76, with my name inside. Granted I wish I had my old jacket, but at least I know it is being kept. I haven't seen it yet, but I have been told it is still around.

When I went to the DCI movie theater screening last spring to see myself march in that '76 show, another alum from that year was carrying the shako with plume that her husband wore for that very show. I thought that was quite the keepsake.

The only thing I still have from those years is my member jacket. I left it in the closet for way too long, and it has shrunk to the point I can no longer wear it, but I still have it.

i know someone that has a huge (and i mean huge) banner that says "Drum corps time is Miller Time"... not necessarily the most exciting thing, but still a pretty cool thing to have... stole it from one of the shows he was at.

I march SW, unfortunatly when I joined the yellow uni wasn't used. But I bought one when i found out they were selling them. When I recieved the uni I was stunned and amazed at the same time to find the those uni's were made in my hometown by Custom Uniforms Unlimited, the same place that made the uniforms my high school wore up until last year.