Off the Wall Drum Corps Trivia

Jr Side

What corps played a song with the same title as the corps name? (Not in CorpsReps but read in the "Drum Corps Trivia Game" years ago. Wish I knew the year)

Sr Side

What corps has the distinction of both winning DCA and coming in last at Prelims. (No not in the same year :P ).

Edit: Come up with your own.....

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jr Side

What corps played a song with the same title as the corps name? (Not in CorpsReps but read in the "Drum Corps Trivia Game" years ago. Wish I knew the year)

Phantom Regiment March?  Phantom Regiment

Sr Side

What corps has the distinction of both winning DCA and coming in last at Prelims. (No not in the same year  :P ).

Hmmmm not sure but I will guess...Sunrisers?

Edit: Come up with your own.....

Correct on Phantom Regiment...... I still don't know what year PR played PR :P but have a CD of '72 Yankee Rebels doing the song.

WOW Keith, you made me look about the Sunrisers and you were as close as could be. Sun came in next to last in 2003, ahead of Shenadoah Sound. I was at 2003 Prelims and Sun really reminded me of the corps that is the correct answer.

This is only close for the first one, Regiment Militaire played March Militaire ;)

Marche Militaire Francais by St. Saens....My 9th grade band at Jamestown HS in NY played that. It's a level 5 piece. We didn't play it at the concert but should have. I remember the Music Administrator saying, "there's no way this band will play a level 5...Hahahahahaha....he ate his words!

LOL, forgot I started this thread before the server move.....

Keith here's a hint on the Sr question..... Check my sig. :rolleyes:

LOL, forgot I started this thread before the server move.....

Keith here's a hint on the Sr question..... Check my sig.  :rolleyes:

Westshoremen-Bonnie Scots??

Westshoremen-Bonnie Scots??

Correct-a-mundo but not so loud on the Bonnie Scots part, Jeff Ream would flip. :P

Actually 1974 was the first year the corps dropped Bonnie Scots and went back to Westshoremen. Jeffs been working with Tom P and others to get the records corrected but the old name crops up every now and then.

Bizarre part for me was how I found out the corps won DCA in '96. I wasn't going to shows then and had no contacts in the corps. Only thing I did was to buy the DCA tapes every year. So I pop the cassette in the stereo and before I hear my old corps show I hear "The 1996 DCA Champion...." Definitely a WTF!!!!

This is only close for the first one, Regiment Militaire played March Militaire ;)

I remember seeing Regiment Militaire at US Open prelims in Marion in '74. I thought they did an incredibly good job for such a tough piece of music. I've also wondered why so few corps have attempted it. To me, its very symphonic - not a typical march - with some killer low brass potential. I wish PR would play it.

I remember seeing Regiment Militaire at US Open prelims in Marion in '74. I thought they did an incredibly good job for such a tough piece of music. I've also wondered why so few corps have attempted it. To me, its very symphonic - not a typical march - with some killer low brass potential. I wish PR would play it.

They came to the NT Open that year too. The neat part was when they arrived they had 4 bus loads and they were eating in this one area of town and were so friendly. They came off the line and I was so impressed. That year I also saw Argonne Rebels who still sounded decent.