Who will win the 2005 DCA Championships?

Who will win the DCA Title?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the DCA Title?

• Reading Buccaneers
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Bushwackers
    • Brigadiers
    • Minnesota Brass Inc.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I became a Bucs fan in the early 70's and always felt thier shows were under appreciated (72-75) My last DCA was 78, too bad it wasn't 79, at least then I could have seen them win. I do hope they put on a performance that is deserving of a championship and they are thusly rewarded.

Rocketman - leaving for the east at 11:15 PM Wednesday!

ampssuck

I certainly agree that the winner is on that list of five. But also interesting, I think the corps you assume are duking it out for sixth could shake things up and knock someone out of top five. Also, watch the fight for 8th, 9th and 10th this year. It's been quite a while since we've had an unpredictible DCA. It's going to be very exciting. Good luck to everyone.

I certainly agree that the winner is on that list of five. But also  interesting, I think the corps you assume are duking it out for sixth could shake things up and knock someone out of top five. Also, watch the fight for 8th, 9th and 10th this year. It's been quite a while since we've had an unpredictible DCA. It's going to be very exciting. Good luck to everyone.

I went to the Bushwackers rehearsal today and was VERY impressed. They are quite strong in ALL captions. I personally believe that they have one of, if not THE, best written and constructed shows in DCA this year! Their staff gave them the package; the "goods". I think it is now up to their membership to deliver it. It is in their hands, and hearts! BTW Bush and Bucs are performing back-to-back as the last two competing corps in prelims. It should be a great night in Scranton

They had some issues on the field in Winston-Salem, but Bush's hornline really impressed the heck out of me with their standstill at LMS South.

At that point in the season they didn't quite have the range of dynamics and musical expression that the Bucs displayed, but their stylistic interpretation of their book was top notch. They are one of the better trained hornlines I've ever heard, especially when it comes to articulation.

I think the top 10 are going to be highly volatile, and unfortunately some people are going to get their feelings hurt when the final standings come out- I say this because the last two weeks of this season we've basically had 2 groups of corps that have competed out of context with one another; this makes for interesting seedings, and the potential for lots of placement changes from 1st place on down.

Bill

I think the top 10 are going to be highly volatile, and unfortunately some people are going to get their feelings hurt when the final standings come out- I say this because the last two weeks of this season we've basically had 2 groups of corps that have competed out of context with one another; this makes for interesting seedings, and the potential for lots of placement changes from 1st place on down.

Bill

This is a great post. You are absolutely correct. I feel that, after seeing Bush this weekend, Bush's score will be 4-5 points below Reading. This has been the consistent spread all season. Bush's score has sky rocketed, IMO, b/c they have been the top dog at their last few shows.

Don't get me wrong, they are #### good... but they did not catch up to Reading, regardless of what the scores say.

This is a great post.  You are absolutely correct.  I feel that, after seeing Bush this weekend, Bush's score will be 4-5 points below Reading.  This has been the consistent spread all season.  Bush's score has sky rocketed, IMO, b/c they have been the top dog at their last few shows.

Don't get me wrong, they are #### good... but they did not catch up to Reading, regardless of what the scores say.

these conditions will affect the last three corps, too; are the Skyliners or Hurcs as secure as they may think they are?......can Gold, CV or Cabs hold on to their positions? I dont think the prelim placements reflect reality at this point so it will be fun to see what happens..and folks, lets all be nice about this....

Bill

after the corning show and looking at the west haven scores i dont know whos going to win it. :rolleyes:

Bill

Very good point. Should be interesting to see what happens!!!