Who will win the 2005 DCA Championships?

Who will win the DCA Title?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the DCA Title?

• Reading Buccaneers
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Bushwackers
    • Brigadiers
    • Minnesota Brass Inc.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote that we all can it until Prelims. What's the point of arguing over this stuff when we have ZERO influence on the judges or the corps involved?

Just have a good time in Scranton this weekend...I know I'm gonna!

Especially our room!!  b**bs

OH YEAH!!!!

LoveShack Baby!!!

:mmm: at dawn.

Edited by Nickiflag

okay , i am not with any corp. have march drum corp for many years. you all keep talking about score.

lets start with wildwood. right , bucks won it all by , they beat empire by 2 points and brigs by almost 5 points. correct.

then the next weekend bush was the only big boy that did a show.this was long island they had no competion as it turned out. and they only got a 73 which was 5 point behind reading at different show one week apart and with in tenths of brigs and almost three points behind e.s. and just for the record only be crus by 7 points.

there has been many show were all four corps were not at the same show and the gap were still the same all years the placement has been bucks, es, brigs and then bush.

now that the gaps have change and they all were not at the same show it because the judges were being nice to bush and they also had no other competion.

so what you are saying is that the judges got it right all year with the gaps and they last two weeks they can not figure it out.

i am not saying that score will change and placement will change at perlims and finals. however i think you are going to be suprise on the out come.

just remember at least three judges so all four corps the last two weeks and scores were very similar.

also how do you think that bush is going to be 4-5 points behind bucks a perlims and finals. they are going to from box 5 and 4 to low box 4 or is bucks going to score a 99.9 .

kelly

drum corp fan for life.

there has been many show were all four corps were not at the same show and the gap were still the same all years the placement has been bucks, es, brigs and then bush. 

now that the gaps have change and they all were not at the same show it because the judges were being nice to bush and they also had no other competion.

so what you are saying is that the judges got it right all year with the gaps and they last two weeks they can not figure it out.

i am not saying that score will change and placement will change at perlims and finals. however i think you are going to be suprise on the out come.

just remember at least three judges so all four corps the last two weeks and scores were very similar.

also how do you think that bush is going to be 4-5 points behind bucks a perlims and finals. they are going to from box 5 and 4 to low box 4 or is bucks going to score a 99.9 .

kelly

drum corp fan for life.

What I think the gist of the discussion is, (and I really didnt want to go there), is that unless a major miracle happened and Bush gained 4 points on the other corps (Brigs, Empire, Bucs), Im pretty sure the standings will stay about the same....what this means is that the above scores will jump as a result. Bumping Bushs' score down (to reality) will result in much justified noise from them; boosting everyone elses scores up, on the other hand, will raise much protest as well. Theres no nice solution out of this. Thanks, DCA.

This argument is based on the premise that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Bush (and the other corps in those contests) could have jumped by about 4 points in a single week. Check out the sheets, the numbers are right there, every corps' scores jumped around 3 to 4 points...

Do I think bucs are gonna win by 4 to 5 points over say bush, brigs, or empire? No way is that gonna happen, as the last 2 are far closer than that now. I would expect bucs to prelim at about a 95-96. this gives a reasonable gap for bush and the others to still get a 93+ score and be realistic. Does bush have a chance? sure, but they are not as close as many would like to think...

Bill

Edited by kosovobill

Nope, that's not what I'm saying. If the Gap was 5 points with the two corps being at different shows, that doesn't mean there is a 5 point spread between the two. In other words, SPREADS FROM DIFFERENT SHOWS SHOULD BE COMPLETELY IGNORED.

The only true indicator of a realistic spread is the performance of both corps at the same show.

BTW, the judges weren't "being nice to Bush"... they were just comparing them to the rest of the comp. Bush blew them away...

Also, don't discount Bush's score dropping significantly. It may not happen, but it might.