Bari assistance

Carlinator

I'm a Trombone-Euph. player going out for the Cavies this year, and I was just wondering if anybody had some specific tips that I can put into practice before the rehearsal book gets here. Specifically, any info regarding marching/playing style would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a Trombone-Euph. player going out for the Cavies this year, and I was just wondering if anybody had some specific tips that I can put into practice before the rehearsal book gets here. Specifically, any info regarding marching/playing style would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Practice on your posture and how you hold your horn. Also practice on your range and tounging. Start doing lots of sit ups and push ups, and jog...in other words get into great shape. And remember in the Cavies A GOOD ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL. Practice the audition book, I have seen it in the audition book is a audition grade chart. Look at it, study it and make it your goal to be the absolute best in every category.

GOOD LUCK

Hold your horn up.

It'll make you stand out from the weaklings and earn respect from vets.

hey wer u on dci.org in an interview?

If you're talking to me, then no.

As for the tips, if that's all it takes, then I should be fine. Thanks a lot, everybody.

Yes posture and work on the arm and upper back strength.

Practice standing up with straight back and horn up. Sounds like a basic thing but it will help as the practice sessions get longer and longer. It will build up your strength and you'll be holding the horn correctly without even thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Play Euph while smoking a cigarette. (just kidding)

Playing wise, the outdoors requires you to play louder. And some passages should be played with shorter note lengths, aka more separation. This gives projection and clarity in the great outdoors. Releases are as important as attacks.

Marching, stay in step, and in time, and stand up straight.

You can lay flat on a flat hard surface. Concrete floor, wood floor, tile floor. This should give you a feel for what straight is. I used to do this while holding something heavy in the position where your horn would otherwise go, like a chair. But I was building up endurance for a Euph, when I didn't have a Euph to do it with. When I had a Euph, I'd use the Euph in it's case instead of a chair. This also helps to readjust your spine after a long rehearsal day.

For cavies, you probably need to run and jog a lot. And might as well buy your knee and ankle braces now. And eat lots of carrots until your skin turns orange. (well, maybe not that bad, for some people anyway)

S7