Over 60 and still Competing DCA..?

i think that he is in his 50's

I think that Ace Peterson was playing in the 1950's with Geneva.

I don't know who is in their 60's in DCA, but there have to be plenty of them in alumni corps. I think that the average age in Park City Pride is 58. I'm 62 and playing 3rd bari and I can think of at least 5 other baris who are as old or older than me. In fact, Jimmy Pepe, who plays 1st bari, and I first marched together in 1953. B)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Kilties we have a saying:

"There's Superman,

there's Batman,

there's Spiderman...

and then there's Eschman!"

Bob Eschman started marching in the Kilties in 1949 and is still marching mellophone in 2005! Bob is well into his 60s. After aging out of Kilties, Bob marched in the Boys of 76 throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s. He joined the Kiltes in the 90s and is still marching in the 00s! He's marched in 7 different decades!

I think that Ace Peterson was playing in the 1950's with Geneva. 

I don't know who is in their 60's in DCA, but there have to be plenty of them in alumni corps. I think that the average age in Park City Pride is 58. I'm 62 and playing 3rd bari and I can think of at least 5 other baris who are as old or older than me.  In fact, Jimmy Pepe, who plays 1st bari, and I first marched together in 1953. B)

yeah ace is awesome he he marched everywhere

Tom Brady is an original Conn Hurricane from 1955 and he is out there this season

Not sure of his age i know its over 62

Besides Frank Lozar, MBI had dick Maki marching the full field show when he was well into his 60s. I think he was 67 in his last year on the field. Maybe someone can narrow it down for me. Dick is still marching with the Zuhrah Shriners in Minneapolis.

In MBI's 60th season, it will march a certain bald soprano player who will also be in his 60th year.

:blink:

The Midwest legend Frank Lozar, while not competing with MBI the last 3 seasons, is still marching in the local Shrine Drum corps with a number of MBI alums.

Frank is now 75(or 76) and will be celebrating his 60th year in Drum Corps in 2007.  He is an Associate member of the WDCHOF, and will be honored this year by the Hall with the President's Lifetime Achievement Award in Scranton.

The amazing thing about Frank is that he continued to march in the soprano line even though he was over 70...and if you've seen MBI's drills the last 10 years or so, having someone march those drills at that age is beyond anything I can imagine.

Besides, who do you think taught me how to enjoy Special Export beer?

Pat

^OO^  ^OO^  ^OO^

...KUDOS to FRANK. I'm sure I speak for all in our activity.

WOW..........What great responses. Keep um coming. Maybe we can get together in Scranton this year. I'll bring the box of straws...............who wants to by the BEER?.........What ?..........yea..........just one. (that would be 12" of BEER in the bottom of a washtub....... b**bs b**bs b**bs