Our Special Moment....

I have to extend the greatest thanks to the CorpsVets for allowing us to perform a standstill for them. It was wonderful of the gang from Gulf Coast Sound to join in and perform their show for all of us! I was so happy to see them progress and grow.

It was the first time we performed for a group of people as champions. We found out the night before after prelims that we had captured high brass, and for the trials and struggles we went through in our second year of existance - and first on the field - it was a wonderful feeling.

I have to admire the competitiveness and quality of other Class A corps that performed - they showed gumption, creativity and spirit. While some may have overlooked us, we certainly noticed that together, all those corps made Class A - and DCA - a whole new ballgame.

Back to the CorpsVets - they treated us to something I will never forget after finals - Georgia at point-blank range!! What a sound - and what a memory. Definitely one of the biggest highlights of the weekend - and something that will stay with me for a long time...

The bond formed between us is so strong, and I hope that as we grow - and hopefully take the field in open class next year, our friendship and camraderie is never severed, splintered or broken.

Sometimes, a lot of petty things can make our groups adversarial - but together, we are an art form, a kinship of performers, and a way of life. What we do together to advance the activity is so much more important than how we are different.

It's a great time for us to grow and flourish.

Bring on 2006!

Edited by radiosteele

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we just have to fit in a Southern style Chili cookoff next year, and we'll add to those perfect parking lot serenades!.....

A HUGE thank you right back to MCL and GCS. It was a pleasure and treat listening to your performances in the hotel lot, and an honor to return the favor after finals - you had to know that you were going to be on the receiving end of an atom splitting rendition of "Georgia" once we dispatched those #### purple panels in a smoking heap in the middle of the horn arc!

And a personal thank you from me. I couldn't point to a reason, but I just was not connecting with a right frame of mind going in to finals. Something just wasn't right. But listening to your concerts, and seeing your enthusiasm and love for your corps and performances in the back lot of an Econolodge, well, something finally kicked in. I found my own drum corps heart and soul again, and went on to the finals field and put on a personal best performance. You are all responsible for doing that for me whether you know it or believe it. I will always appreciate that.

Best of luck to both corps, and I look forward to being fierce competitors, mutual admirers, and good friends.

Sorry I missed this one. Ironic, considering all the hours, blood, sweat & tears that go into show preparation that so many of our favorite drum corps memories don't take place on a performance field.

Congrats to MCL on the brass title. After hearing you in Rockmart I'd be hard-pressed to say I was surprised. :worthy:

Looking forward to seeing both MCL and GCS back in the south next summer.

Edited by Kunky

Patrick,,

I have to agree.That park and blow in the parkinglot really got me fired up for next year.It was just what the doctor ordered.

and an honor to return the favor after finals - you had to know that you were going to be on the receiving end of an atom splitting rendition of "Georgia" once we dispatched those #### purple panels in a smoking heap in the middle of the horn arc!

I absolutly loved that part of the concert. I went nuts when I saw a sop player headbut the panel. Prop destruction rules!!!!!!!

Edited by Rioken

To GCS & MCL...

Thanks for your awesome parking lot exhibition!! After rehearsal on Sunday all I wanted to do was get off of the 12 new blisters on my feet...until we were told that y'all had extended an invitation to listen to your shows. They were so cool!!! All season, I've missed catching other corps shows. I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to hear you guys!! THANKS!!! 2006 is going to ROCK!!! See you all soon!!

now...about the chili cook-off... :P

Edited by jdgregory7

I want to put in my words of thanks to CV and GCS as well. That concert in the parking lot was probably the most fun I'd had all year.

You know, it's one thing to hear fans in the stands going crazy over your performance but it means something entirely different when your competitors are whooping , screaming and cheering for you during and at the end of a show.

I look forward to growing with MCL and to competeing with all of you for that coveted title in the near future.

Good luck to all of you and have fun in the off-season.

FARFEGNUGEN!!

you had to know that you were going to be on the receiving end of an atom splitting rendition of "Georgia" once we dispatched those #### purple panels in a smoking heap in the middle of the horn arc!

Those purple panels may have been a pain, but they were very effective for GE!

I can't even tell you guys how amazing it was to hear both GCS and MCL perofrm for us. What a treat!!!

I don't ever see anything but a very strong friendship between all of our corps. Even when we're competing in the same class, I think it will still be a good fun competition between the corps. Only good vibes there!!!

Skott Rhodes is a true class act. You guys are lucky to have him and we're lucky to be able to call him a friend.

We definitely have to plan the first annual CV/MCL chili cook off this year..........sounds like a blast!!! :worthy: :P