Trooping the Stands at Championships

Should corps be allowed to troop stands  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should corps be allowed to troop stands

• Yes, they should be allowed
    • No, they should not be allowed

Good point, Laura.

Also, there's mic stands and cables at finals that you can trip over that aren't usually at regular season shows, big trophy tables, DCA officials, whatever.

If I recall, and I know I'm right, we (Sun) played our street beat off the field in 1995 at finals....that was Scranton also - when did that rule change?

We played 'Sunrunner' off in 1995, yes. And Cabs played off this year after retreat -- though we got in loads of crap for it. I heard our street beat and was fired up but then realized Chops was about to perform their encore -- SILENCE PLEASE.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only good reason i have heard yet as to why it shouldn't be done is the stadium restraints.  both reasons listed here are malarky!!  trooping is done in 99% of the regular season shows with out time issues and if trooping the stands distracts the next corps then someone needs to focus alittle more.  I'm not trying to flame ya mello  :)  and in terms of the pagentry of olympic style retreat...  This year it sucked!!!  a few corps played to the buccs but most just walked off the back sideline.  There was very little orginazation and even less DCA presence on the field.  No one got to either troop the stands(execpt bush) or play the street beat(sky?) this year and I'm upset about it!  next year this should all be built into the finals weekend.  After all, aren't we here to entertain the croud and give them the best show possible?!

just my thoughts;)  feel free to reply b**bs

I didn't see the "event" because I was trying to take care of my daughter between shows, but I did notice that both nights Bush's entrance (the Red Square Parade Bass Drum Block) was disrupted by the corps before picking up flags, etc. pretty deep on the field.

I think the real problem is with DCA rushing the corps on and off the field, then taking an eternity to hand out the 500 awards and patting themselves on the back during retreat. I'd really rather have each corps troop the stands (after all the next corps is entering from the back sideline anyway) than to have Fran doing one-liners while DCA and the AL get their act together. (No knock on Fran, some of his filibusters are downright funny).

We played 'Sunrunner' off in 1995, yes.  And Cabs played off this year after retreat -- though we got in loads of crap for it.  I heard our street beat and was fired up but then realized Chops was about to perform their encore -- SILENCE PLEASE.

How to do this delicately? How about a poll: listening to Sunrunner 5 times vs. an address by the good doctor?

I voted "yes" because:

A.) We did it anyway :worthy:

B.) A lot of people in the crowd liked it, including some of my students who got the chance to say "hi" :)