Bushwackers 2006 Repertoire

What should the Bushwackers play for their 25th Anniversary season?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bushwackers play for their 25th Anniversary season?

• Best of Bushwackers Show
    • Best of Bushwackers Championships Show
    • Classical Music
    • Jazz
    • Broadway
    • Latin
    • More Russian Music
    • Concert Band Music
    • Brass Band Music
    • Best of the Troopers (Sorry.....I could not resist!)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too, like Mr. Kilian, would love to know at least the STYLE of music we're playing. I don't think that's letting out too much information...

Please don't say "In the style of kick-assedness"

:worthy:

Rumor has it that the staff is getting together TOMORROW!!

Can a show announcement be far behind?

Don't tease us like that Bob! :P

I am NOT teasing, Nicole. The staff is getting together tomorrow while Jaybo and I are on our way to Rochester for the DCA meeting.

Lots going on in Bushwacker Land this weekend!!

As I said, can a show announcement be too far away?!

Well, if I know the Bushwackers...the show will be announced at the open house. Of course, if they'd like to announce it earlier, I think we'd all appreciate it. :)

25 years worth of Bushwackers and Bushwacker fans (yes, there are some) are going to LOVE it.

I talked to Dennis last night, and he told me all about the show.

It is called, "The Rise of Nationalism" It is a snapshot of late 19th century Romantic/Nationalistic Music.

You see, up until the 19th century, music had been perceived as a common international language. Italian opera was popular in all European cities - as popular in Vienna, Stockholm, Madrid, or London as it was in Venice or Rome. As far as the German symphonic style was concerned, the work of Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven was adopted and copied by all European composers of their time. Only towards the middle of the 19th century did composers start to become aware of cultural differences between nations. An awareness that had been prompted, not only by political events, but also through the Romantic development of individualism - which celebrated the unique qualities of both individuals and nations. Composers began to communicate this through their music, and so too shall the 2006 Bushwackers.

The opener is from Offenbach's Orphee aux enfers (Orpheus in the Underworld) And I hear, and it isn't final yet, but I hear, that there will be a giant prop for this number - A larger than life painting of Henri Toulouse-Lautrec's famed depiction Eglantine's dancing girls. (or can can girls) It should be hot.

There is a Ballad by Dvorak - One of his Tone-Poems

And finally, a combination of Les Preludes and the third movement of the Faust Symphony by Franz Liszt.

They're not final on the Liszt thing. I think they're also looking at some stuff from Bruckner - either the 4th or the 7th. And also, some Mahler - probably the 5th.

Dennis said, It's either that, or a Latin show - they're still on the fence.

I can't wait to hear it.

Wow, that's weird, because when I talked to Dennis he told me we were doing a show called "Gangsta's Paradise". It would start with the main theme to The Godfather. Next it would move into the ballad from Dick Tracy. Following that would be Channel One Suite and we would end with Paradise City by Guns and Roses. Dennis said this show would be extremely relentless.