Bushwackers 2006 Repertoire

What should the Bushwackers play for their 25th Anniversary season?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bushwackers play for their 25th Anniversary season?

• Best of Bushwackers Show
    • Best of Bushwackers Championships Show
    • Classical Music
    • Jazz
    • Broadway
    • Latin
    • More Russian Music
    • Concert Band Music
    • Brass Band Music
    • Best of the Troopers (Sorry.....I could not resist!)

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on Nevsky, although it's one of my favorite pieces.  (TL got me hooked).  I believe in my heart that to do this piece justice, you would need a HUGE brass line for the finale.  The finale pulls the whole piece together and has the most magnificent ending ever put together for a movie score. (my opinion, of course).  I could see vintage Phantom, or Star, or one of the bigger sounding SCV lines.  Ya know how people keep doing and doing pieces like "The Planets" or "The Firebird"?  I think you're only going to get one shot with Nevsky, and whoever does it will have to wring every drop of emotion out of that last movement, and in my opinion, they will require an immense sound.

Pls don't interpret this as a slam on Bush.  I've only heard one or two DCA horn sections ever that I thought could make this piece work.  I'm sure that Dugan and Argul would have as good a chance as anyone, though.

Mr. Fallon, thank you for the challenge. I hope that we DO get to play Nevsky now, hopefully with a full brass line, and we WILL knock your socks off with it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I liked Sweeney Todd, I would love to see Bush re-do their show from 96.  I've always said that with 10 more horns, they would have been on top with that show.....simply marvelous. Or at least tied with Cabs for the top spot.  VERY entertaining.

If not, then ......ummm-m-m ........TROOPERS.

I've always loved the Sunset Blvd show and wished I was in the hornline that year instead of the guard so I could play those parts.

If we were to redo that show, I think I'd have to strap on a mellophone and march again!

but then who's gonna spin the red flag in the blue song??? lol

I've always loved the Sunset Blvd show and wished I was in the hornline that year instead of the guard so I could play those parts. 

If we were to redo that show, I think I'd have to strap on a mellophone and march again!

Seriously, when I remember it, I remember people (Dave) yelling that on the field more than seeing the incident as an actual mistake! LOL

MARY, STOP SPINNING!!!!  Ahhh Trish, I should have known I'd never escape it!  My one huge mess up in my drum corps career.  :blink:  I should have made it into a solo. 

If we did that show again, I would still do a feature on a red flag at some point!  :P

I'd vote for some combination of the Bush championship years, with stuff from the 1996 "Sunset Boulevard" show and 1997 Latin jazz show thrown in.

Of course, then the corps would have to play something like 30 songs in one show.... so maybe that wouldn't work after all. :P

Could be a very long show title, though.... some of the championship years stuff:

"Sweeney Todd, Out For A Sunday In The Park With George, Experiences A Day In The Life Of A Drum Corps"

Fran