Sr. Drum Corps.....in Seattle of all places

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

torch_DSC00199_group800w_126k.jpg

Wow, look at the size of this corps!!

These guy's alway's send down a good size group to join the Renegades in a parade. I'll tell you this group has a personality and know's how to party. Looking forward to seeing more from Pacific Alliance!!! :huh:

Dugada

These guy's alway's send down a good size group to join the Renegades in a parade.  I'll tell you this group has a personality and know's how to party.  Looking forward to seeing more from Pacific Alliance!!! :huh:

Dugada

Thanks for the kind words. Several of us plan to join are great friends the Renegades for the Chinese New Years parade in 06. Please keep us posted. ^0^

These guy's alway's send down a good size group to join the Renegades in a parade.  I'll tell you this group has a personality and know's how to party.  Looking forward to seeing more from Pacific Alliance!!! :huh:

Dugada

Ain't no party like a west coast party cuz a west coast party don't stop!

Isn't it cool how our drums match our firetruck?

y not start doin drill....make a show?

Sure! ^OO^ As soon as DCA creates a Parade Division. <**>

Actually, we are talking about a minicorps.

BTW, did anyone think to record the minicorps competition?

If so, are the recordings availiable?

y not start doin drill....make a show?

Well, It just does not pencil out for us.

1. Our nearest competitor is a 16 hour drive away

2. There are only 3-4 shows in the NW, and our season would be 1 long weekend.

3. Our budget..................oh wait, we don't have one.

4. DCA is a long ways from here.

It could be argued that the California corps have the same obsticles, but they also have a much larger potential member base than we could ever hope for. And they have each other as well.

Speaking strictly for myself, I would love if over the course of several years our organization grew into a field unit. I think that for now we can be most successful with what I see as our current primary mission, which is this:

To provide an oppurtunity for those individuals in the northwest who have benefitted from their drum corps experiences to reinvolve themselves in the activity.

The Jr. activity is growing in the northwest right now. Maybe the future NW drumcorps vetrans will take our humble organization to new heights of competition.

For now I think that we are doing well to bring a little drumcorps into our members busy lives. BTW, 2006 will be our 3rd annual undefeated season (a.k.a. the shortest drumcorps season in recorded history).

We might also be in a position to form a successful minicorps too, so stay tuned...................

B)

1. Our nearest competitor is a 16 hour drive away

B)

Yeah.....and? Gulf Coast Sound went on 4 trips this year. Racine, WI, Rockmart, GA, Orlando, FL and Scranton, PA. That is a total well over 10000 miles and the nearest trip was Rockmart and it was a good 13-14 hrs one way. And we did all this with good fund raising on a tight budget and with no debt.

It can be done. It just depends on how bad you want it. Would be great to see you guys at Finals next year.