Sr. Drum Corps.....in Seattle of all places

Yeah.....and?  Gulf Coast Sound went on 4 trips this year.  Racine, WI, Rockmart, GA, Orlando, FL and Scranton, PA.  That is a total well over 10000 miles and the nearest trip was Rockmart and it was a good 13-14 hrs one way.  And we did all this with good fund raising on a tight budget and with no debt. 

It can be done.  It just depends on how bad you want it.  Would be great to see you guys at Finals next year.

Yeah, I think you are right. It just depends on how much you want it. For example, we went on 3 trips this year. The longest was almost 25 miles. We kicked butt. We ate chinese. It was great.

You guys are very ambitious. I'm sure it was a very rewarding season.

BTW, I went to your website, and took a look at your mardi gras photos, and there, to my suprise I find my good soprano blowin' friend Ron Phillips with a drink in his hands (the drink part was no suprise). You can find him on our home page as well. Small world. Ron is a drum corps NUT! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Best Regards,

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others on here, I'd love to see a Northwest senior corps appearing all over the country in competition. But I'd rather see a Northwest senior corps survive for more than one season.

In the end, your membership dictates what you do. If they want to compete at DCA badly enough (or if they can be talked into it....), then it'll happen. If not, there are many other levels of participation.

Personally, I'd like to see the Northwest drum corps season expand to more than just one weekend. With three juniors (one of them division I), it's not likely. But I hear there's another one starting up in Oregon. Plus, there are two in western Canada. Add your corps and the senior unit starting up in Portland, and you'd have seven corps even without division I involved. At that point, another show weekend would be viable.

Whatever happens, keep it fun!

While looking at your photos, I see that you're corps size is larger than about 60% of the units at Scranton this past summer. With that size and drum corps experiance Pacific has I think you guys are under estimating how competitive you would be out west, against some of your current DCA friends. With the Northwest having some young talent to choose from.....Cascades, Crusaders, Thunder, fresh legs mixing with the older ones, shouldn't be a problem........I guess.

BTW, I went to your website, and took a look at your mardi gras photos, and there, to my suprise I find my good soprano blowin' friend Ron Phillips with a drink in his hands (the drink part was no suprise). You can find him on our home page as well. Small world. Ron is a drum corps NUT! b**bs  b**bs  b**bs  b**bs

Best Regards,

Not to turn this thread into an advertisement or anything but sometime next week you should be able to buy tickets for our annual Mardi Gras raffle online. We give away a trip for two (airfare, hotel, rental car) to come join us in Galveston for the parade and a good weekend of drum corps.

Yeah, I think you are right. It just depends on how much you want it. For example, we went on 3 trips this year. The longest was almost 25 miles. We kicked butt. We ate chinese. It was great.

You guys are very ambitious. I'm sure it was a very rewarding season.

BTW, I went to your website, and took a look at your mardi gras photos, and there, to my suprise I find my good soprano blowin' friend Ron Phillips with a drink in his hands (the drink part was no suprise). You can find him on our home page as well. Small world. Ron is a drum corps NUT! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

:blink:

Hi Ho Steverino!

Nice pix, dude! I am in agreement with the rest of these folks, you gotta put together a mini corps and come out to DCA next year.

I'm sure Roger and the rest of Minne-Brass would be quakin' in their boots if you decided to show up. I haven't heard anyone solo on bari like you since you left..with maybe the exception of the cat with the Govies, but he ain't got your range!

Give my best to the family..send us a line..We're still in the same old place

Keep up ther good work, big guy!

Pat

Like others on here, I'd love to see a Northwest senior corps appearing all over the country in competition.  But I'd rather see a Northwest senior corps survive for more than one season.

In the end, your membership dictates what you do.  If they want to compete at DCA badly enough (or if they can be talked into it....), then it'll happen.  If not, there are many other levels of participation.

Personally, I'd like to see the Northwest drum corps season expand to more than just one weekend.  With three juniors (one of them division I), it's not likely.  But I hear there's another one starting up in Oregon.  Plus, there are two in western Canada.  Add your corps and the senior unit starting up in Portland, and you'd have seven corps even without division I involved.  At that point, another show weekend would be viable.

Thanks, your comments are on target. the majority of our members do not wish to participate in full corps competition. AT THIS TIME.

Edited by RIK B

:P Thanks to all of you for your comment's this is great!

Here are some thing's that we are working on. Can only speak for the horns, however I am sure the drums are up to something.

Working on a rehearsal facility. Hornline will rehearse @2 times per month to start. We plan to put together a Mini-Corps type of show to perform at guard shows, @shopping malls, festivals, summer concert in the park show's, DCA 06 or 07? (not sure yet) This will be in addition to our parade schedule.

We are still planning however this is a start.

Please check our web site for up-date information www.pacificalliancedrumcorps.org

Thanks,

Edited by RIK B

In the end, your membership dictates what you do.  If they want to compete at DCA badly enough (or if they can be talked into it....), then it'll happen.  If not, there are many other levels of participation.

Yes, I believe that our membership will grow because our coordinators have the self control NOT to try and take over the members lives. We have to balance acheivement, and fun within a reasonable schedule. I think a sense of achievement was reached, and we did it with minimal commitment. And nearly no cost.

Personally, I'd like to see the Northwest drum corps season expand to more than just one weekend.  With three juniors (one of them division I), it's not likely.  But I hear there's another one starting up in Oregon.  Plus, there are two in western Canada.  Add your corps and the senior unit starting up in Portland, and you'd have seven corps even without division I involved.  At that point, another show weekend would be viable.

And another one in Yakima, WA as well. A couple more corps and we can start our own circuit!

Fun and manageable. Words to plan by.

Ban the Burnout!

Hi Ho Steverino!

Nice pix, dude!  I am in agreement with the rest of these folks, you gotta put together a mini corps and come out to DCA next year.

I'm sure Roger and the rest of Minne-Brass would be quakin' in their boots if you decided to show up.  I haven't heard anyone solo on bari like you since you left..with maybe the exception of the cat with the Govies, but he ain't got your range!

Give my best to the family..send us a line..We're still in the same old place

Keep up ther good work, big guy!

Pat

Pat! My favorite opinionated rectal orifice!

How's the ticker? Man, I meant to call you when you got home from the hospital. I was thinking of you a lot those days.

I don't think that we are even on Minne-corps' radar. At least that's what I'm counting on. :rolleyes: I kid. I hope we can come.

Please give all my best to your lovely wife and family.

-Steve

Keep me on your mailing list Steve. One of these days I'm actually going to show up. It looks like I will be able to find the time to participate in 2006.

I love the support you are getting from all the folks who would love to see PA in competition, but I've been following your progress from afar and I think you are doing it right. Build slowly with plans that match the commitment level of your membership. If you remain a parade corps that kicks butt and has fun there isn't a #### thing wrong with that! The worse thing that can happen is to create overly ambitious plans, fail to get there, then scrap the whole season. We've seen that happen more than once with senior corps in Seattle.

However, dang, a minicorps?!?! That would be way cool. I would LOVE to be able to do something like that. I've never been to DCA.

When do you start rehearsals back up for 2006? I'm assuming you are in off-season mode right now.

Edited by jwscv87