DCI Makes it to Disney World this year :D

I think it is awesome that instead of chosing a single corps to represent DCI at the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade that they are taking a few members from each corps in all of DCI to have the honor.

For those that have been chosen, CONGRATS! For those that haven't, or aren't eligible to participate, are you going to go down south to support the DCI Honor Corps (and have a little park hopping fun at the same time)?

G-Cym to answer actually I can hopefully answer both of your questions

#1..the "Top 10%" was originally decided upon by the individual corps directors. They made a list sent it to DCI and then DCI made the chooses and sent out invitations to those which qualified, and set up for a decently sounding/sized corps.

#2 I can IN FACT tell you that there WILL be a MARCHING CYMBAL LINE...I was invited to be a member, so I know for sure DCI Honor Corps will be marching plates.

Just be advised, the Christmas parade is not live, it is filmed at the beginning of December.............

There are actually 2 parades on the scheule. One is going to be performed live on the Friday the 2nd (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas) and the second one will be taped on the Saturday to be aired on Dec. 25, 2005 on ABC (Walt Disney World Christmas Parade).

They are welcoming family and friends with open arms for the 4 days. The packages for members and non-members include a 3 day park hopper pass (for friday, saturday, and sunday). Go to GET Travel for all of the details.

Edited by WrillyMello

when they used to do this in DCM in the late 80's they would tell each corps what instrumentation to send then the corps would pick the members based on that instrumentation.

So in 1988 they told us to send a tenor player, but since I was aging out and had been with the corps the longest of any surrent member Ted Swaldo asked DCM if he could send an extra Drummer and they said he could. So I went as a cymbal player, but someone on staff knew me and they switched me over to bass for the parade.