Best Year's Shows

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what was Garfield's concept that year? Great show, but concept? Two completely unrelated pieces of music...great music, but unrelated.

The composer, Holmes...and it's actually three pieces of music. 1)Jeremiah, 2)Make Our Garden Grow, and 3)The Overture to Candide.

Hope that eases your confusion.

My favorite Legacy years are 1995 and 1999. I think both of those contain an excellent top seven. 1995 was a power year, with intense offerings from Devils, Scouts, Vanguard, and Cavaliers opener. Yet it also had refinement with the rest of Cavaliers show, Phantom, and Glassmen. 1999 had those two championship shows that were just outstanding, but it also had solid entertainment with Cavies and Cadets, as well as that All-Star Scouts show. I really like Glassmen and Knights that year as well.

After that, I would probably suggest 2003. Talk about diverse tastes, but all presented incredibly well. For one you have Phantom, but you have highly entertaining and #### good shows above them. Cavaliers had the visual clicking, Devils were grooving, and Cadets Malaguena section is one of my favorites. For the minimalist fan there's an intense Santa Clara show. And outside of the top five, Scouts and 'Coats might well have had my favorite shows that year. Too bad Blue Knights couldn't have made it. Yeah, I'd definitely cast my vote for 2003. Something for everyone, and plenty of it.

I would have to say 1999

BD and SCV are just stunning with the championships. Cavies have a great show, Madison, BK, Crossmen all have great shows. I like nearly all of the top twelve in 1999.

Thanks alot guys. Keep 'em coming...I'm still trying to make the perfect choice...if there is one B)

2002, because I love dark music... and there were plenty of corps with dark music that year. Phantom, SCV, Spirit, Magic, BK... among others.

PLUS you have the "best" show of all time Cavies 2002, and my second favorite BD show ever.

Plus Crossmen did Strawberry soup that year.

~>conner