Funky Equipment?

jamay26

• 3 months later...

Just my opinion, but I didn't really like the things that the Cadets used in 2001. The little curved rifles. I just didn't really see the point or the difference it made. I did however like the ones that were used in Blast a couple years ago. They were S shaped. A bit different from the ones the Cadets used. Maybe it did serve a purpose cause their was Juxtaperformance and those were a bit different from ordinary. Hmm, I don't know. Anyways, later.

Guest mafields627
Just my opinion, but I didn't really like the things that the Cadets used in 2001. The little curved rifles. I just didn't really see the point or the difference it made. I did however like the ones that were used in Blast a couple years ago. They were S shaped. A bit different from the ones the Cadets used. Maybe it did serve a purpose cause their was Juxtaperformance and those were a bit different from ordinary. Hmm, I don't know. Anyways, later.

Oh man. Don't get the anti-Hoppy folks riled up.

Ya got to remember a lot of members in the original BLAST cast marched with Cadets the year they used the "S" shaped rifles.....I think it was '90 or '91? Anyway, I have seen many, as you say "funky equipment" used by both drum corps and winter guards. One piece that is very hard to clean is the curve poles that Freelancers and Crossmen used. I think Erete Productions Winter Guard used the wind socks ...that was in the early '80s....it was so unusual for the time period, but widely excepted. Later, Cavies used it for an OTL....the year they did the Christmas music. T-poles were done in the mid '80s that spread like wild fire among many marching band programs.

Also check out Alliance of Miami's winter guard show in the early '90s....they used a flag pole with bicycle handle bars on the end!