K-90 Contra for sale

Hank74

I would like to annnounce that I plan to sell the K-90 contra which I got this summer through these forums.

If you're familiar with the K-90, it comes in a key of GG and has two piston valves. This one is from the early 80s, which was in its earlier stages. There is some wear and tear from previous use, and some of the metal is worn off. However, this is still a good playing horn and from what I've read here, the best of the contras ever made.

I'm asking for $700. This price will cover the cost of the horn along with the gig bag that I bought for the contra's protection. Shipping will be extra, depending on whom would buy it and how soon they would need it. I've done business with FedEx before and have found them to be first rate. For anywhere in the continental US and to be shipped in about 3 days, the price quote would be about $20 to $30. But I'll go into more detail on that should you decide to purchase.

This would be a great horn for any D&B corps that still uses GG contras. If you're interested, please either pm or e-mail me. I can answer any of your questions at that point. The first person who commits to buying and sends me payment will get the contra.

Edited by Hank74

I'm bumping this back up so that anyone who is seriously interested in the K-90 contra can contact me either by e-mail or pm. This would be great for any alumni corps or someone who wants to have a contra to play.

Again, I'm looking for $700 to cover the price of the horn and the gig bag that will go with it.

• 1 month later...

Is the horn and gigbag still for sale please let me know thanks

• 1 month later...

I would like to bump this back up since I haven't received any offers to this point. Though I didn't want to sell this horn, I need to because some bills have to be paid. The purchasing price for my contra is $750. It is broken down this way.

$600 for the horn, $100 for the brand new 42 inch gig bag that I bought for the contra, and $50 to cover packaging and shipping.

Note, I am willing to send this to an international buyer. However, shipping will be a lot more and I'm going to be upfront to Customs and not undervalue it.

If interested and/or you have any questions, send me an e-mail or pm me.

I would like to bump this back up since I haven't received any offers to this point. Though I didn't want to sell this horn, I need to because some bills have to be paid. The purchasing price for my contra is $750. It is broken down this way.

$600 for the horn, $100 for the brand new 42 inch gig bag that I bought for the contra, and $50 to cover packaging and shipping.

Note, I am willing to send this to an international buyer. However, shipping will be a lot more and I'm going to be upfront to Customs and not undervalue it.

If interested and/or you have any questions, send me an e-mail or pm me.

Can you post a picture, and is this orn G or Bb

--BigLou

Can you post a picture, and is this orn G or Bb

--BigLou

K-90s were 2-valve G contras.