2005 INTERSERVICE ACADEMY SHOW!

Oh yeah, walkups always welcome. There is no admission charge for the show. You'll need a photo ID to walk on the campus, and no vehicles without DoD decals can park on campus.

Just an update... we will hold the show rain or shine. Short of lightning, the show will go on!

Bring an umbrella!

Thanks,

Jeff

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... sorry, after surviving the monsoon, and then watching the football team come back with a buzzer beating field goal... I just woke up (Sun, 10am)... haha!

Here's what I remember (scores and captions are below)...

We started the show about 45 minutes late to wait out the wettest part of the storm. We got up-to-the-minute weather updates off of Bob Glover's cell phone web browser! The Casper Troopers took the.... wait a minute... the COAST GUARD ACADEMY "WINDJAMMERS" took the field first. They are performing a "Best of the West" theme, complete with stetsons that, when worn over full dress blues, make them a mirror image of the Troopers. Awesome! The two things that stood out in my mind about Coast Guard's show was the amazing percussion section (not sure how the number ended up that low), and a guard that sold the theme better than ever with equipment work and characterization. I mentioned it before, and I'll say it again, the Windjammers are first-class entertainers and just know how to work a crowd. If you ever get the chance, check these guys out.

The AIR FORCE ACADEMY "FLIGHT OF SOUND" took the field next and presented a show including "Sabre Dance", "Night Flight", and "Flag of Stars". I did not see much of this show, as I left the press box to help get Navy to the field. Any spectator reviews would be welcome, as all I saw was the video.

The NAVAL ACADEMY closed the show out with a bang, presenting their 2005 show including music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Scheherazade". I apologize in advance for the obvious bias... but we had a great show! Because I see the show pretty much every day I can't objectively comment, but suffice it to say that all sections (brass, battery, pit) were ready to rock the house. Again.... spectator reviews more than welcome!!!

Thanks to Larry Hershman, his NJA crew, and especially the 300+ fans for braving the weather!!! See you all next year in Colorado!

Navy will be performing in exhibition at the USSBA New Jersey State Championships in Union, NJ on October 30th. Come check it out!

Thanks,

Jeff

COAST GUARD: 79.60

AIR FORCE: 86.95

NAVY: 89.05

GE Vis

USCGA: 15.4

USAFA: 17.3

USNA: 17.8

GE Mus:

USCGA: 14.9

USAFA: 16.5

USNA: 17.4

Field Vis:

USCGA: 14.9

USAFA: 16.8

USNA: 17.3

Ens Vis:

USCGA: 15.6

USAFA: 16.8

USNA: 17.4

Guard:

USCGA: 20.0 (15.3)

USAFA: 20.0 (14.0)

USNA: 20.0 (n/a)

Brass:

USCGA: 16.1

USAFA: 17.3

USNA: 17.7

Ens Mus

USCGA: 16.2

USAFA: 18.3

USNA: 18.0

Percussion

USCGA: 15.8

USAFA: 17.1

USNA: 17.3

The judges were DCA judges using DCI sheets. The panel included Larry Hershman, Rich Templin, Jim Shade, Dan Delong, Jim Minster, John and Andy Bugosh, and Jim Kyle.

The Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps has CDs available. Our most recent CD is entitled "To Walk With Honor", and includes the field shows from 2002-2004. We also have our previous CD available, "Full Dress Blues", which covers 1999-2002. CDs are $15/ea, and can be ordered by sending a check, payable to the "Midshipmen Welfare Fund" to me at the following address...

USNA Drum & Bugle Corps

Alumni Hall, 675 Decatur Rd.

U.S. Naval Academy

Annapolis, MD 21402-5086

Thanks in advance for the support!

Jeff

I just want to put a big thanks out to Jeff and all the civilian staff this year for helping us put together an awesome show. It was a memorable season and I appreciate all the hard work.

Jeff...I'm going to try to use MSC in the library to convert my 8mm recording of the show into a DVD. If it works I'll let you know. I was shocked that even though my video camera has a sub par microphone on it, it still sounded exceptionally good. Too bad I didn't have a higher up view.

Scott B)

Navy Sopline 2005-2006

RFL!

Edited by USNASOP07

I just want to put a big thanks out to Jeff and all the civilian staff this year for helping us put together an awesome show. It was a memorable season and I appreciate all the hard work.

Jeff...I'm going to try to use MSC in the library to convert my 8mm recording of the show into a DVD. If it works I'll let you know. I was shocked that even though my video camera has a sub par microphone on it, it still sounded exceptionally good. Too bad I didn't have a higher up view.

Scott B)

Navy Sopline 2005-2006

RFL!

I second what Scott said...They all did a great job!

-Selly

Awwwe...guys.....

On behalf of the civilian staff from Virginia Beach (Bob, Bill A., Sean) I would like to extend our congratulations to you and the rest of the corps for an outstanding job. You accepted a lofty challenge and took it by the horns (no pun intended :) ).....and pleasantly suprised alot of us in the process. We have been honored to be part of the team this year, and to help you guys realize your potential. Its all about making beautiful music together, and doing it WELL!!

You should be proud of what you have accomplished this year, and realize that this is only the beginning.....

There are many more opportunities to feel like you did on Saturday as long as we always strive to be the best, work hard, learn from each other, and HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!!

Here's to a wonderful year at the US Naval Academy, and to many more to come.

Now....on to more pressing matters....like FOOTBALL B)

Keep the show polished...we have many more people to perform for this year....savvy?

See ya'll soon

Bob

The judges were DCA judges using DCI sheets. The panel included Larry Hershman, Rich Templin, Jim Shade, Dan Delong, Jim Minster, John and Andy Bugosh, and Jim Kyle.

Sounds like a bluecoats Staff reunion