Crossmen announce partial Design Team for 2006

Andy is an excellent arranger, and one of the best arrangers for marching band I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Teaching his arrangements for a Group 4 TOB band is a sheer pleasure.

He has a sense for instrumentation most band arrangers lack, and I can assure you he knows how to "write the meat".

His arrangements for Crossmen will be a breath of fresh air for the drum corps activity. Remember his name...you'll be hearing it a lot over the next few years...

Andy is indeed a great arranger, an excellent addition to the Crossmen!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Andy will finally be able to experience the Crossmen. When we were at WCU, I had wondered why he never marched in the corps- he would have been great member. Sounds like he will be a great addition to the staff!

I'm interested to see if Mr. Miliauskas will be writing the drill for them, or will they perhaps tap someone else. His 1992 drill was very dynamic and fresh for that time, but I haven't seen enough of his recent work to tell if he still has the goods.

And as much as bringing in fresh talent would be nice, in the visual area where this corps has struggled so mightily over the last several seasons, they would probably do better by going with an experienced writer who has enjoyed some drum corps drillwriting success. Eric Kitchenman? Bobby Jones? There are two Pennsylvania guys who would be wonderful for what the Crossmen need visually.

For the past two years, what seems to grab people's attention about the Crossmen shows are their ballads. If Drew Shanefield is gone...I wonder how the ballad will be this year. Hmmmm...

My guess is absolutely stunning. Andy wrote the book for TOB Group 4 band Spring-Ford (where I am the assistant director and brass instructor). The ballad is from Ron Nelson's Sonoran Desert Holiday, and while I detest the original source material, Andy's arrangement will stand up against the best balads writeen for band.

It's very corps-esque. Check the show out this fall at a TOB contest near you. The band is also playing Rocky Point Holdiday, so you can hear Andy's take on the Cadets classic...

My guess is absolutely stunning. Andy wrote the book for TOB Group 4 band Spring-Ford (where I am the assistant director and brass instructor). The ballad is from Ron Nelson's Sonoran Desert Holiday, and while I detest the original source material, Andy's arrangement will stand up against the best balads writeen for band.

It's very corps-esque. Check the show out this fall at a TOB contest near you. The band is also playing Rocky Point Holdiday, so you can hear Andy's take on the Cadets classic...

great news for CROSSMEN.

Get ready friends. . .

Chuck Naffier

J.D Shaw, Klesch and you still seem to know the way to arrange emotional impact points. I'm glad you haven't gone down the road of the "bop-bop-scalar fluff-sfz-bop!" style that we saw become dominant in the mid 1990's.

Always good to see folks who aren't afraid of letting the melody speak for itself...and I trust the fellow doing the actual arranging for X-Men in in that same vein as well.

Looking forward to X-Men '06.

Edited by bawker

:blink: B) :blink: B) :music:

Get ready friends. . .

:blink:

Chuck Naffier

ALL RIGHT !!!!

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

CROSSMEN back to middle of pack in 2006 ??

could be.

Edited by dcifan2002