Most passionette moment in Drum Corps

I am suprised no one brought this one up.....the entire production of the ballad, and especially the ending of that section of the Suncoast Vietnam Show.

Oh yes

... and if I may ... the "Cross to Cross" ending for Star '91 ... George Z's last monument to this incredible musical journey that we all share.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was the 1979 Boston Crusaders. We were 25 and still alive our Brass line.

What a performance at DCI Prelim's In Birmingham, Alabama. We kicked alot of a-- with just 25 solid horn players.

The fans were amazed every time we performed, to hear the sounds of a 25 man horn line and what we could do with them. We sounded like a full 60 man hornline.

Was that awesome or what????

Yup. Time for a Change, one of my favourites.

But, weren't there only 18 horns the year before?

Either way, still impressive and I'm glad I can say I saw you guys a few times that year.

Regards,

John Swartz

Edited by sarnia sam

83 or 82, Whitewater prelims. Troopers anniversary year (can't remember which anniversary and it's too late in the day to start counting).

Show opens with a traditional off the line company front from the wrong side of the field. Didn't hear a note of music until they hit the 50. Just incredibly awesome to be in that crowd that day.

Next, 82 finals in Montreal. SCV. Had to wait for the CDs to hear what they played.

Regards,

John Swartz

Cadets 87' closer

ALL of SCV 89'

Phantom Regiment closer 03'

Cadets 02( the america the beautiful segment)

All of those are winners in my book. Just about ever show you hear or see is loaded with Passion being swept in to all the hard work put into the show itself by the individual!

Another Cadets moment for your consideration:

The push in the 1988 Copland 3rd Symphony show where the guard starts on the ground and they pick each other up (ala the "brotherhood of man" theme of the Symphony) and then reach out across the sideline to the audience (the sideline was much more of a "barrier" at that time. Still gives me chills!

1990 Star of Indiana. Whenever I watch that show on the DVD I always get stuck watching the staff. At the end of the show the entire staff is surrounding the drum major podium and you can see the excitement in what they are experiencing.......hard to explain but to me it is just one of those cool things to watch.

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard - Everything

1990 The Cadets - "Somewhere"

1994 Blue Devils - My Spanish Heart Ballad

1996 Phantom Regiment - The opening hold and the entire closer

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard - Raw power during both folding blocks

2000 The Cadets - The Company front!!

2002 The Cadets - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, party on the field

2003 Blue Devils - Ballad "Sketches" Very beautiful and Emotional

2003 Phantom Regiment - The Canon in D, Canon Refrain and Last few sets

2004 Phantom Regiment - The Heart Set

2005 The Cadets - The most gorgeous and emotionally moving ballad ever.

As far as any one moment in time (excluding any show I marched), Cadets 2000. Right at the end of the final push, the PBS view on the DVD zooms in on a CG girl and she does the "Sammy Sosa Homerun" hit the heart and kiss it to the sky thing, then she's off. I thought it was an ideal way to end the push of an amazing show.