Dutch Boy Looking To Improve On 8th Place Finish

Members and parents of the Dutch Boy Drum Corps were introduced to the new board of directors at a meeting held Tuesday night in Kitchener.

The board is focused to improve the corps 8th place finish at this years DCI World Championships in Brockton Massachusettes. Some instructional staffing and a corps director still have to be put into place.

The corps has a full schedule of Christmas parades in place for November and December.

Dutch Boy's first scheduled practise for next season is October 22 and the majority of this years corps is expected to return.

So to say that things are looking rosey for Dutch Boy would be an understatement. Everyone at the meeting was excited about next year.

An official announcement will be posting at a later date regarding the positions still to be filled.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Things are looking good for the corps. The first rehearsal is scheduled for this Saturday. I have an idea of the staff, but i'm not sure if I can anounce anything quite yet other then I'll be returning to teach the pit along with Andrea Hume. From what I hear, the new Board of Directors are eager to continue on the success of last year.

I can't wait to get started!!!!

It won't be long Roo and we can all get going on what is going to be the best year in resent Dutch Boy history.

As a board member, I can speak for the rest of the board, we are all excited about this next season.

The staff will be announced when all the posts are filled!!

Edited by ODBC