Did anyone notice...?

Those poses were awesome! It looked professional and legitimate. What do you expect? It is a more mainstream DCI broadcast than ever before. Of course it's going to be different than the PBS broadcasts!! I'm not talking about the content, I'm talking about the way they present themselves. They have to have professional looking intros to the corps performances. I don't think any outsider that saw that would consider it lame. The marching members in those intros looked pretty sweet to me. We should be celebrating the high budget of the production instead of calling it lame.

We're just not used to it. That's the only problem.

But but...it IS the same as the PBS Broadcast.

I like the intros. I like the ones that were posted online last year a little more (for example, where Crown sung their corps song, and they show snippets of corps warming up/practicing/waiting in the tunnel/in their huddle and all...I forgot, were those used in PBS?), but I still liked these. Each corps doing a visual from their show from the past summer, pretty cool.

i saw these being filmed during the I&E day. it was in a park by the downtown area where i&e was. i saw it for a second while on the bus, but i was like "why are there different snare drummers from different corps standing in a park together?" well i guess this is why...interesting.

I personally thought it was good - I liked the intros and things. Yeah, some of them were cheesy, but that happens from time to time with all heavily produced sports or competitive programming.

That must've taken some effort!!! :P

You have no idea. :D

When I marched Glassmen in '92, they were on the 2nd year of their right-foot-lead "era" (1991-1996). I had just finished four years of high school marching band and had to adjust to leading with the right foot during my rookie corps year. After the season, I went back and marched in the high school alumni band. EVERY time we started rehearsing a drill move, I'd lead with my right foot, give out a very audible "D'oh!!!", and all but trip over myself getting on the "correct" foot. Good thing alumni band was only two Fridays in September!