News! updated

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: nm...

Edited by Gbassman5

So the announcement is official Jeff pearson is the new director. Very exciting news.

Jeff and Kathy live breathe and bleed SCV red and green. He is going to be a great addition as the leader of the new staff. We will miss Rick, Myron and Murray, but look out DC. SCV is primed to kick some major tail in ‘06.

http://www.scvanguard.org/about/news.php?id=1130993008

November 3, 2005

The Santa Clara Vanguard is please to announce that Jeff Pearson has accepted the position as the Program Director/Vanguard Corps Director. Following the process established by the Board of Directors, which involved an application process, screening interview and final interview with the Board, the offer was extended to Jeff.

“We are very excited with Jeff's acceptance. He brings a wealth of Vanguard history and tradition as well as business management to the position" stated Dan Vannatta, General Manager. Jeff assumed his position Tuesday, November 1, 2005 and is quickly bringing himself up to speed.

Jeff Pearson is a Human Resources professional and entrepreneur. He began his career at ADP and moved to Syncro Vac, a manufacturing company in Milpitas, California, as Human Resources Manager. In 1999 he opened the first of his two Papa Murphy’s pizza stores and was the owner/operator of those stores until accepting this position.

Jeff has been very active in the marching arena. He began his marching career playing baritone at Independence High School where he won the MBA Summer National Championships in 1981. 1981 was also Jeff’s first year marching in the Santa Clara Vanguard when the Corps won the DCI championships. During his five years marching with the Santa Clara Vanguard, Jeff played euphonium and lead baritone before becoming Drum Major in 1985, his age out year. In 1987, Jeff joined the staff of the Spirit of Sunnyvale Marching Youth Band, where he served as a marching/music technician before becoming the Director of the Band in 1989. After a brief absence from drum corps, Jeff joined the San Francisco Renegades and was one of their Drum Majors for the 2003 and 2004 seasons. In 2004, he took on the additional role of marching technician and continued in that role through the 2005 season. Jeff has also been a member of the marching staffs of Clovis High School in Clovis, Monta Vista High School in Cupertino, and Logan High School in Union City.

Jeff has continued to be active in the Santa Clara Vanguard Organization as a participant and supporter. He is a Sustaining Member of the Booster Club and is finishing a two-year term as a member of the Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni Association Steering Committee. He was a member of the 1997 and 2002 SCV Alumni corps as Drum Major and baritone player, and the 2004 Tournament of Roses Corps as Drum Major.

Jeff has been married to his wife Kathy since 1990. Kathy marched in the Santa Clara Vanguard for nine years, from 1979 through 1987, and was the Color Guard Captain her last three years. She was on the Santa Clara Vanguard Color Guard Staff from 1989 through 1992. Jeff and Kathy have a four-year-old son Derek.

B)

Edited by sobe

Good, I'm glad that drama is solved! :)

Not to brag here, but I just got a call from Jeff himself letting me know the news. And that they wanted to set up a play date with my son and their son Derek. I'll tell you though, that kid has SCV written all over him. :P

Train him young! Start brainwashing him NOW! b**bs :P

Not to brag here, but I just got a call from Jeff himself letting me know the news. And that they wanted to set up a play date with my son and their son Derek. I'll tell you though, that kid has SCV written all over him. :P

Hey, can I get my daughter in the group? I always liked to tell Jeff that when my daughter and I watch 85 SCV and the camera focus is on him on the podium, my daughter imitates his directing of the corps. Too cute......

SCV is in good hands............

Congratulations, Jeff.