1974 Muchachos

Hate to disappoint, but if I remember right there were not too many "thowing baby" MARCHING/GE moments from the Muchacho's back then. IMO opinion, it was not what we saw on the field that made me become a fan but it was the music they played and those horn lines... including their amazing soloists.

Madison, SCV, etc. back in those days not only had great music they had great drill moves... at least for "back in the day". The Muchachos left something to be desired, again IMO, in the marching/drill department.

Man, loved hearing Jeff and Chris Metzger in the same day. A horn players &*%$ dream!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to disappoint, but if I remember right there were not too many "thowing baby" MARCHING/GE moments from the Muchacho's back then. IMO opinion, it was not what we saw on the field that made me become a fan but it was the music they played and those horn lines... including their amazing soloists.

agreed ... I'm a Muchachos fan ... for me it was all about the music and not the visual (except for maybe the coulottes) :worthy:

I've only heard this show via Season Pass, but would love to see it. Cabs are great in DCA, but I wish they stil had a Latin music counterpart in DCI.

Muchachos '74 for 2006 Classic Countdown!

Proof of the pudding is in the eating. He was awesome.

By the way, what happened to the Muchachos in 1975?

Kidding.

But where is "Marianne" from? Corpsreps is wrong, because "The Grand Tour" wasn't written until 1978.

"Marianne" was popularized by Harry Belafonte in the 50s/60s.

Correcting "Marianne" to "Mary Ann". Belafonte actually had hits with both, but the Muchachos played "Mary Ann".

Edited by MiamiSun76

I generally agree, but wasn't there a big suicide pinwheel in Mary Ann that they executed the #### out of?

I generally agree, but wasn't there a big suicide pinwheel in Mary Ann that they executed the #### out of?

OK, so is it the pinwheel that the crowd's going ape**** over, or the Kievit solo????? :ph34r:

Truly one of the greatest soprano soloists to grace this fine activity. His playing stands the test of time!

Heh Heh.... :laugh::ph34r::ph34r::sumo::sumo::sumo:

JK.jpg