lowest score ever?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vaguely remember the "New Day" drum corps having scores in the late 1980s that rivaled that one. I particularly remember them at DCM prelims scoring under 10 points during that era. Anyone remember them?

I remember New Day, but they were always on before us so I never got to see them actually perform. But I do remember the low scores they got. I also remember some of the low scores that were received when the Emerald Knights competed in a few shows on the Illinois All-Star(?) circuit in '87.

My home town corps from Canada in 1979 scored an 11 on our Californian tour. Our drum line was consistently written off the sheets! (Ticked down to zero!)

That still boggles my mind! Like did you guys perform a whole show? Or were you guys shown what to do just minutes before performing it???

My home town corps from Canada in 1979 scored an 11 on our Californian tour. Our drum line was consistently written off the sheets! (Ticked down to zero!)

If my poor old feeble brain remembers correctly, Valley Fever also got written off the sheets back in '80. BTW, was that 1st Canadian Regiment?

Although I wasn't there, I don't think so. We competed against the 1st Canadian Regiment in '80 and they were consistently beating us. We were scoring in the high 30's and low 40's and they were scoring in the high 40's and low 50's.

According to Corpsreps, in '79, 1st Canadian Regiment scored in the 50's.

That still boggles my mind! Like did you guys perform a whole show? Or were you guys shown what to do just minutes before performing it???

Hahahaha, not really sure. I was a horn player and ah, 10 years old at the time. The staff didnt know what they were doing and it was just a mess. but hey they got me hooked on the activity.

It was either 1986 or 1987 at Indiana State University that Prairie Fire scored something below a 10 with 15 people on the field. Someone surely has a program or recap somewhere.

I really felt sorry for the kids, they put out a strong effort but barely held things together. It was an early season show (if not the first out). If I remember right, they stopped touring shortly after that show. :(

Edited by StarContra4-85