White Sabers

You guys & gals are NUTS. LOL. But thats certianly a plus! Well, we had a pretty good night last night at bingo. That's good considering that the weather is changing. (for the worse - ehhh)

The Corps Open House was very successful. We actually doubled the horn numbers from what showed up last year at the first rehearsal and what showed up at this years rehearsal. The drum line, well, that looks down right scary. The color guard started where they left off and I believe we will have a much larger guard this year. So, we're pretty healthy at this point. Being small in the beginning last year was nice. It allowed us to ease in to the process. Its not waiting for us this year.

Our next camp is Nov. 19 & 20 at the LCHCC. Check our web site for directions and other info.

www.whitesabers.org

Mark - Director

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys & gals are NUTS. LOL. But thats certianly a plus! Well, we had a pretty good night last night at bingo. That's good considering that the weather is changing. (for the worse - ehhh)

The Corps Open House was very successful. We actually doubled the horn numbers from what showed up last year at the first rehearsal and what showed up at this years rehearsal. The drum line, well, that looks down right scary. The color guard started where they left off and I believe we will have a much larger guard this year. So, we're pretty healthy at this point. Being small in the beginning last year was nice. It allowed us to ease in to the process. Its not waiting for us this year.

Our next camp is Nov. 19 & 20 at the LCHCC. Check our web site for directions and other info.

www.whitesabers.org

Mark - Director

That's right Mark...bigger corps brings a whole new bunch of problems.

EXCITING AS H E L L ...don't you think !

Definitely exciting! I'm glad to be part of such a great organization. Sitting back and watching the growth from last year is a great experience for me and I'm greatful for getting that experience. I have a bit more responsibilities than I've had in the past but I'm ready 110% to take em on with all I've got and some.

Playing with Rick and his son Josh again has been something I've wanted to do since '03 when we were with another organization. Rick and his family is like another family to me. Who doesn't like Rick and his family? They are soooooooooooooo nice!

For A Mis Abuelos I'd be watching the tenor line. Those parts are going to CRANK! We also have a VERY VERY TOP SECRET CLASSIFIED drum solo to work on. I can't wait to get to that one. OMG it's going to KILL!

See everyone next camp and beyond! You had me hooked the minute I got into town. Great people, amazing food, and good times. Can't ask for anything more really...

Come out to the next camp and see for yourself. I can promise you'll be hooked just like I am. Those White Sabers folks just have some special powers to do that to a person. It worked for me!

Have there been any other corps that have done the version of "A Mis Abuelos," that we're doing? If so, what year did they do it?

I think '96 Madison...that's what I've heard ! Can't think of a better 'model'...can you ?

I just watched the show, agreed that it's a pretty good version. Like the Malaguena at the end too. Don't really want to cause a controversy on the Sabers board, but I like the '03 Cadet's version of Malaguena more I think.

Barrett...you up early, or just an insomniac ?