If Vanguard had had a better visual program and better visual executio

What place would SCV have gotten with better marching and better drill?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. You be the judge:

• 1st place
    • 2nd place
    • 3rd place
    • 4th place
    • 5th place
    • 6th place
    • 7th place
    • 8th place

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh ? How many of you folks responding saw them on finals night ?? Their execution, visual execution was sharp as a tac. Solid transitions with command of movement, solid forms, sold dparture from forms, no phasing, no spacing problems......their best execution of all three nights.

And, as far as their "design" the writing was just fine, highlighting the music, staging was ok, and the guard accented throughout.

There was plenty of exposure and demand, and a lot of GE.

~G~

Not trying to single you out, but just out of curiosity, why do you think they placed lower than normal then?

That's easy. The corps above them were better as seen by the judges. I agreed with the placement. The bar was raised this year by many of the corps that finished above them. I agree that they cleaned up a lot the last week and over the last 3 nights but the corps that were above them deserved to be there and I don't think it was just the visual that caused that placement it was a combination of all the aspects.

I think that they moved very well..... but did anyone else seem to think that they just looked kind of small???

Could be the new unis, they are a little bit different in design than the 04 ones. I kinda noticed they looked a little smaller as well...they were a younger group this year though. Look for a bigger and strong Vanguard for 2006 b**bs ...though I'm only 5'4'' :rolleyes: :P b**bs

I don't know about internal problems. Thats not for us to worry about, nor is it our business. For all we know, the different staff may have wanted change. No different then Drew Shanefield and Bret Kuhn ending up at Bluecoats. So now all of a sudden Cavies have problems too. Yes, Gino and Adam signed on the dotted lines, BUT after the season or contract is up, they are free to move on. I would not say that their placement is indicitive of certain staff leaving. So, would have, could have..... what they were was nothing less than greatness and they were part of a great year in DCI.

do you not feel as if its a "good ole boys" basis? i do agree that many of these educators are the true champions of their field, but it seems inevitable for staff to move to new positions, to expand their influence, and enhance the future performers of drum corps. i'm also sure that a bit of money has some sort of influence as well.

I am not saying that for sure at all...... What I am saying is that everything I am seeing on here abou that is speculation. There is no rock solid information and its turning into making SCV look bad. That should not be an objective for us on here. I just wanted to throw the what if out there on the positive side. I could even go as far as saying that its not a money issue, I have seen staff go to another corps just simply for change. There is the occasional phenomenon of keeping a staff member for a long duration, hence Wayne Downing at BD and Jay Bocook at Cadets.

or Kent Cater or Armando Olivares at SCV