Design contest for new corps!

Creative minds wanted!

We are so busy getting everything ready for another successful season, that we need your help!

Renaissance is holding a contest for the design of our uniforms and logo. This contest is not for a contract. Any design ideas become the property of Renaissance Drum and Bugle Corps. We reserve the right to use or not use any design that is submitted. All persons involved with Renaissance are volunteer at this point, so your design is a donation to the corps. A receipt will be available for tax purposes to the winners.

Things to keep in mind.

Corps name: Renaissance Drum and Bugle Corps

Colors: Burgundy, Black and Gold

Circuit: DCI Div III

Special requests: Would like the uniform to include an aussie hat in honor of the Reading Buccaneers (lots of Reading Alumni involved), but will be open to all suggestions.

Any other questions, please ask the director, Chalet, at director@renaissancedbc.com

Come and check out the designs and let us know which ones you like!

Good Luck!

Check out the new site. It gets cooler every day!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creative minds wanted!

We are so busy getting everything ready for another successful season, that we need your help!

Renaissance is holding a contest for the design of our uniforms and logo. This contest is not for a contract. Any design ideas become the property of Renaissance Drum and Bugle Corps. We reserve the right to use or not use any design that is submitted. All persons involved with Renaissance are volunteer at this point, so your design is a donation to the corps. A receipt will be available for tax purposes to the winners.

Things to keep in mind.

Corps name: Renaissance Drum and Bugle Corps

Colors: Burgundy, Black and Gold

Circuit: DCI Div III

Special requests: Would like the uniform to include an aussie hat in honor of the Reading Buccaneers (lots of Reading Alumni involved), but will be open to all suggestions.

Any other questions, please ask the director, Chalet, at director@renaissancedbc.com

Come and check out the designs and let us know which ones you like!

Good Luck!

Check out the new site. It gets cooler every day!

Adding to Chalet's post:

Send your design ideas to Chalet in the form of an image file attachment (.jpg or .gif, please) to her email: director@renaissancedbc.com

It will be most useful to us if it's no more than 560 px wide.

You savvy artists out there know that 256 colors is the smart pallet depth to use as well (keeps filesize down and loads more quickly.)

We did the uniform design thing at North Coast Rock and it was a TON of fun, and we got some cool stuff from people. Logo currently in use at the site MUST be changed because it makes unauthorized use of a copyrighted font, and we don't ever, ever, EVER want to run afoul of copyright law.

Please don't feel constrained by the mention of the colors and the aussie hat. They are "jumping-off" points (and probably what Chalet and staff will lean toward) but not absolutes for being considered. We want to see the most striking designs your mind can conceive, but we would like you to render those things which can actually BECOME a uniform. You MIGHT also consider the name "Renaissance," literally meaning "rebirth", but we've already heard ALL the "Men in Tights" jokes.

We've had our first submission, by Tamra, a mellophone player with Spartans. see it at http://www.renaissancedbc.com/rdbc/uniform.html

Keep 'em coming!

2 more designs are posted at the site!

http://www.renaissancedbc.com/rdbc/uniform.html

Keep the ideas coming! We're liking what we see. Can you make the ultimate uniform that makes us just know for sure that if we don't use it we'd be crazy? Let's see what you've got!

Thanks!

Chalet

I would submit one, but my right hand is out of order at this time... can you wait month??

actually, I'm going to try, because I think it would work... but keep in mind, there's a cast on my hand :)

I would submit one, but my right hand is out of order at this time... can you wait month??

actually, I'm going to try, because I think it would work... but keep in mind, there's a cast on my hand :)

We got the submission and posted it, Eddie, not bad at all considering the cast! Thanks for the idea, we have ROOM FOR LOTS MORE!

heh... too funny, but thanks :)

I hope you folks find what you're looking for.