T-Day weekend auditions

I don't get why leaders decide to make audition weekends on holidays. My parents got pretty upset when I wanted to audition on Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago.

I don't get why leaders decide to make audition weekends on holidays. My parents got pretty upset when I wanted to audition on Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago.

well, as colleges are on a three + day holiday, so are high schools, i guess that is part of the reason corps have had this audition schedule for 30 or so years. they had the same schedule when i was marching, back in the "stone ages," that was 23 years ago. they can get a lot more accomplished with that extra day.

i wish i had a chance to catch up with the young man i met on my flight from orlando to chicago this past friday. he came on the plane, i saw the mellophone case and asked, "rockford, madison or rosemont?"....he just had a glazed look and said, "uh, phantom." i wished him luck, asked him to pass on some holiday greetings to a few folks back in bedrock for me. he was amazed. asked a few questions, gave him the answers i could, he was excited. hope he does a good job.....

Ü

jan