Canos uniform

dcf06

Thanks Tank, much appreciated. Now let's change the subj. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, back to the original topic. Here is my favorite uni from canos. Especially the DM. Well actually the Guard looked good too. Well you get the point. hehe....

2000_n7220323.jpg

Oh yea, back to the original topic. Here is my favorite uni from canos. Especially the DM. Well actually the Guard looked good too. Well you get the point. hehe....

'canos 2000!

Yeah, I remember those uniforms and what looked like chainmail baldrics. They looked great and I've been hoping they might return to those for a while now. Anyone here remember their '03 uniforms with the shakos? Anything would be an improvement over those uniforms (not like my corps would have much room to talk). When I think of Americanos, I think of gauchos; not shakos.

Anyways, I would love to see Americanos get back to the level of their 2000 corps. They haven't quite been there since, but I'm sure with good planning and dedication it'll only be a matter of time. Baby-steps; first they need to get a corps on the field. Best wishes and good luck recruiting!

Edit: removed hyperlinked image

Edited by vaguardguy

'canos 2000!

Yeah, I remember those uniforms and what looked like chainmail baldrics. They looked great and I've been hoping they might return to those for a while now. Anyone here remember their '03 uniforms with the shakos? Anything would be an improvement over those uniforms (not like my corps would have much room to talk). When I think of Americanos, I think of gauchos; not shakos.

Anyways, I would love to see Americanos get back to the level of their 2000 corps. They haven't quite been there since, but I'm sure with good planning and dedication it'll only be a matter of time. Baby-steps; first they need to get a corps on the field. Best wishes and good luck recruiting!

Edit: removed hyperlinked image

Ahh, the 2000 uniforms. Those were actually little plastic rings glued to our sashes, and we had to constantly replace them. Everywhere we went that year we left a trail of rings. But they did look cool.

Let's just pretend the 2003 uniform didn't happen. :P

I guess everytime a ring fell off the sash we left apart of the canos behind. hehe, i know ... kinda lame. :) I think second fav uni would be the 99 uni with the cords going down one arm. and the spanish style trim on the hat. And the DM with his sword and cape. :)

Edited by codyIL03

'canos 2000!

I know it's off topic, but I didn't want to unintentionally start a negative new post. I remember seeing the Americanos in Greenville and Grand Haven several years ago when the "Brady Girls" were in the pit. I enjoyed them and am a fan of Latin music. I also enjoyed the Gloria Estafan year. I guess I was surprised that they had difficulty getting members last year. Based in a "drum corps" state of Wisconsin and close to Illinois, I don't understand why they would difficulty of getting 70-80 members. Again, I don't want or mean to start ANYTHING negative, but I can't help but be curious. Most all corps have financial problems. I'm not refering to that, just why the struggle in recruiting.

I know it's off topic, but I didn't want to unintentionally start a negative new post. I remember seeing the Americanos in Greenville and Grand Haven several years ago when the "Brady Girls" were in the pit. I enjoyed them and am a fan of Latin music. I also enjoyed the Gloria Estafan year. I guess I was surprised that they had difficulty getting members last year. Based in a "drum corps" state of Wisconsin and close to Illinois, I don't understand why they would difficulty of getting 70-80 members. Again, I don't want or mean to start ANYTHING negative, but I can't help but be curious. Most all corps have financial problems. I'm not refering to that, just why the struggle in recruiting.

It is just the "soundness" of the foundation of rebuilding the corps. Some people really do not want to tryout for a corps that has folded once. People don't have as much faith in them. Looking at pictures of corps starting up or coming back (Jester, Revolution, Cadets of New York City), their hornline turnout isn't super along with guard but percussion is usually pretty high. But hey, you have to start somewhere. I know someday these corps will grow and take on the challenges of possibly D I (this goes for all dII/III).

Edited by txtubadude

A lack of stability has hurt the canos recruiting efforts the last few years. During the 4 years I marched (00-03), we had 3 different brass caption heads, 3 different guard caption heads, and 4 different percussion caption heads. Having such a high staff turnover rate hurts the corps numbers both in terms of member retention and recruiting. To effectively recruit enough members for a 70-80+ member corps, you need an entire staff out there recruiting during high school marching band season. If you have to assemble a new staff every fall, you don't have anyone out there recruiting during October & November.

Now, for anyone reading this I don't want you to think canos is a bad corps to march for. It isn't, and I have no regrets about staying there for four years. The organization does the important things right. We always got enough sleep, we always got more than enough food, and our interests were always put first in making important decisions.

I'm glad you brought that up Nelso, cuz if i wasn't happy with the corps when i marched i wouldn't have stayed for 5 years. I agree with the food and sleep and such. Things are set and the staff will be working hard to get the members. I'm very optimistic that we will have a good size this year.