a quick lesson in Bridgemenology

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then what happened uncle John...

well my little mokeefus, pull up your 4th soprano and I'll tell you :P (thats an inside joke he does not play 4th...

yet)

The coat

Dennis DeLucia loves to tell this story. I am only relaying it as he has told it.

The story of the coat is... Bobby was looking to change the uniform. he actually wanted a Cossack style coat (someone actually reffered to it as a Cossack style coat in the other thread you get an A+) complete with the high cossack hat and all. He wanted to play Russian music and the whole thing. Well that obviously didn't happen....and What it evolved into was more of a zoot suit style with big lapels. I think the story was he was in Manhattan uptown and saw someone wearing something similar going into a club. very cool type stuff.

His other idea (and this one almost got him injured) he wanted each section in the corps to wear a different color. Like the baritones would wear yellow, the contras would wear green, the snares would wear pale pink and such. Well when he unveiled the uniform with it's different colors to the corps.... some very tough young street kids were not about to wear pale pink anything!!!! Some of the older members told Bobby that day they would follow him with this dream, but they needed their colors. and the bridgemen's colors are and will always be yellow, black and white.

next the show that never ends!

Did the guy with the white uniform who was waving his arms get to marry the princess? And did they live happily ever after?

I'm so pumped about DCI East!!!

I've dragged my family up North a couple of times for DCI East. This year they get to watch me!

See ya in a couple of weeks.

Did the guy with the white uniform who was waving his arms get to marry the princess?

And did they live happily ever after?

:lolhit:

No, but he married a few princesses!!! :ph34r:

Uhhhh...

Getting back on topic, before John yells at me!

We are ALL really pumped, Keith!

Oh, what a feeling!!! B)

Looking forward to seeing everyone again on December 11th!

actually the princess in the white uniform married me!! :)

she was guard captain her last year :P

Excellent ending to the story! You know better....

B)

1976....Oh my God they all just fainted!!!!!!!!!

In 1976 The Bridgemen finished 6th. Obviously a 6th place finish is awesome, but considring they were barely a corps the year before it was remarkable (today its like a Div III corps who was middle of the road finishing 6th in Div I the next year..)

but it wasn't the placement...oh no...they did stuff on the field that made people gasp, laugh, and cheer. The dyed in the wool DC person was outraged. "This was not drum corps" oh no. This was like broadway or a "Show"!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: heaven forbid...

don't worry they got used to it after oohh 5 or 6 years :P

Thats right the Bridgemen were a show. Its the best way to put it. Dancing girls heck dancing guys (very cool though) they played "William tell" (the Bridgemen's signiture tune for you trivia buffs) , "Land Of Make Believe" and ended with "a Chorus Line" and it was unlike anything anyone else had done. yes some corps did the fun stuff, some danced, some did schtick but The Bridgemen did it start to finish and they did it like OMG!!!!!

a star was reborn and this time it was shiny and fun!!

then there was 1977....hhhmmmm maybe not...

ON TO 78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by johnric