Vanguard Camp Pictures

The video didn't really give a good shot at all of the brass. There were many many people there to audition. What you are seeing is the few shots hornline after all of the cuts and all of the people that had to fly home.

I just watched the video again, so it should be working.

Cheers to a great 2006 season. B)

I was looking at the pictures and there was an overhead shot of the hornline... still seems small... couldn't have been more than 150.. if that many. But you gotta start somehwere right?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were many more registered to come out than actually appeared. We had 150 soprano's rsvp, but only had around 50-60 show up. We are also missing some members due to the Texas camp that was held as an audition camp. Those people will be showing up to the December camp.

On a different note, the audition camp went fairly amazing. The ripples in the hornline were much better than expected at an audition camp, and the marching seems very strong. Overall, excellent hornline this year. We have a lot of potential.

Good luck SCV. I liked the video from the site, but personally I would have left the last quote on the cutting room floor.

"I have a very great respect for the Santa Clara Vanguard and I think there's a pride and class that comes with the Vanguard that you can't find in a lot of other drum corps today."

Not to late too edit out the last part of that sentence. Am I being thin skinned here?

read back... SCV made the cuts in the camp... means people left. What you saw is prolly the set hornline.

~>conner

Good luck SCV. I liked the video from the site, but personally I would have left the last quote on the cutting room floor.

"I have a very great respect for the Santa Clara Vanguard and I think there's a pride and class that comes with the Vanguard that you can't find in a lot of other drum corps today."

Not to late too edit out the last part of that sentence. Am I being thin skinned here?

watch, i bet it was someone who got cut

watch, i bet it was someone who got cut

I doubt it, since he would have aged out last year.

~>conner

was the brass turnout as small as it looks in the pictures? I can see the video only getting audio.

Just curious, maybe it being a holiday weekend had something to do with it? It is the most expensive time of year to travel.

They have more try outs on December 16, 17, and 18th.

Edited by Lancerlady

A friend of mine from the Reveries/NorthStar was out on the left coast visiting a few 2-7 alums this past camp. He said there were 50 snares trying out. I don't know if that's normal for their battery, but that's unbelievable.

I'll have to ask him for other information and more numbers...

Edited by LancerFi