Most likely corps to win

Which Div 1 corps is most likely to win a DCI championship that has never won before?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Kiwanis Kavaliers
    • Pioneer
    • Troopers
    • The Magic
    • Esperanza
    • Pacific Crest
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Mandarins
    • Southwind
    • Capital Regiment
    • Crossmen
    • Colts
    • Spirit
    • Glassmen
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Stars

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, it looks like it would be Bluecoats, Crown, and Boston, likely in that order. But then, right now it also looks like no one other than Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Cadets, and maaaybe Phantom Regiment can legitimately think of themselves as title contenders. So if it's going to be a while before we see anyone new, then we could see any number of corps rise and fall in the meantime. After all, going into 2002 Glassmen had the momentum of finishing fifth three of the last four years, but they've dropped out of finals before ever contending for a title.

I would suggest Crown, with their staff and Star influences. If they can keep upping the ante on difficulty (can we please hear some runs in the hornline this year??) keep the programming quality as high, and recruit recruit recruit, they should be title contenders within 6 years.

I wonder how much recruiting can be done to be a champ? When I think of recruiting I think of booths at band shows and adds in DCW. The perenial contenders are populated with kids seeking a championship ring. In my opinion, to contend for the title a corps needs to be good enough and show enough potential to LURE kids away from the top corps (or lure them to Crown before they go to a top corps). This isn't recruiting, this is getting a piece of the talent pie. More power to any corps that can swing that.

i too, would gave the "most likely to succeed" award to BLOOOO

VK....

Since it will be SOOOOOO long before we see any corps win other than the top 5 (you know who they are), I'll also throw in the Academy.