Most likely corps to win

Which Div 1 corps is most likely to win a DCI championship that has never won before?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Kiwanis Kavaliers
    • Pioneer
    • Troopers
    • The Magic
    • Esperanza
    • Pacific Crest
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Mandarins
    • Southwind
    • Capital Regiment
    • Crossmen
    • Colts
    • Spirit
    • Glassmen
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Stars

1)Bluecoats, 2) Crown... I don't see anyone else at this point in the game. Although, as I've mentioned in another thread, 5 years ago it seemed that just as many people were saying that one of Blue Knights and Glassmen would have a title by 2005. Once Crown or the Bluecoats can break into that top 4 (preferably top 3) they'll make a true believer out of me.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see crown making a championship run in around 5 years...they have everything in place. Every show the past 3 years under the new staff has been a remarkable improvement. Even though they were a 7th place corps in 2004 and 2005 you cant tell me they were not on an entirely different level in 2005

I highly doubt that any corps that hasn't won yet will win in the upcoming years. Bluecoats might within the next ten years. But like someone has already said, the "talent" lies with BD, Cadets, Cavies, and Phantom. They will be the 4 corps to choose from this summer. I like anyone else would love to see some change. Bluecoats, *Madison*, Crown.....but it's not likely. and I know Madison has won, but I'm just sayin I'd want to see some change.

I must agree with a few previous post.....I don't think ANY of those corps are going to win anytime soon (1-8 years).

I hate to say it this way......but......when I looked at the list to vote I was like....." WTF! Those corps have no hope!!! " #### I didn't even vote!!!!!! It seemed pointless at the time......

I forgot how much the top 4 ( maybe 5 with SCV....they need to step it up though) have a monopoly over the championship.

Until kids stop wanting to show all of their band friends a DCI Championship ring ( by the way....I know alot of cadets and they don't talk about winning to often....they might be the exception to the ring hungry kids.....it's admirable....but wierd...very wierd) I think the top 4 will always be the top 4.

Can anyone honestly see Crown or the Bluecoats beating The Cadets, Cavies or BD, or Phantom?!?!?!?!

If you can, maybe you should ask yourself another question.......

Can you honestly see the The Cadets/BD/Cavies getting much worse!?!?!?!?! ALL AT THE SAME TIME?!?!? (They might only get better....I can see Phantom getting worse....sorry PR wuv ya )

Good luck to all corps.......Good luck in knocking over the 20+ year totem pole. God speed.

Edited by SCdrumcorpsfan

I see a lot of talk on here about the top 4 being untouchable, but things do change. Imagine not too long ago how people would have laughed if your "untouchable" list included Cavies instead of SCV?

And how many titles might Star have had if they had stuck around?

It'll be exciting to see how it all shakes out!

Can anyone honestly see Crown or the Bluecoats beating The Cadets, Cavies or BD, or Phantom?!?!?!?!

YES!!! BOTH the Bluecoats and Crown gave the rest of the "big dogs" a run for thier money in certain captions for most of the season. I do not even see Phantom as an issue for either corps. I do believe that both the Bluecoats and Crown were beating the Cadets in visual performance for a good part of the 2005 season. Crown also beat BD in BRASS this past season in Baton Rouge, LA!!! Not to mention Bluecoats STELLAR battery percussion section!!! I would not put ANYTHING past either one of these corps... The more we sit around and deny thier potential the sooner one of them will sneak up on those coveted groups that seem untouchable. I think this has all just become a matter of placing the championship on a pedastal and making it seem impossible to win unless you have all of the seemingly unlimited reasources that some of the top corps have. What ever happend to the underdog???

Winning a caption a few times means nothing. I march ECJ, I know this. We won 3 out of 5 captions in 2004, Spartans won one. Who won the championship? Like I said before, Crown and Bluecoats will not win any time soon. And Cavaliers have a decently long history of being a great corps. Taking a few captions here and there might help them out. I mean, good luck to them both, and maybe they'll prove me wrong. I'd love to see someone else up there.

I'd definately say the Blue Coats, but, then again I still think 27th should have won in 1980

b**bs :worthy:

Thanks for that! :)

The check is written, just need your zip code!! Shhhhhhh! ^OO^

Oh, sorry, forgot to give my 27 cents. I'd love to see the Crossmen build it up and make a serious run for it.

They have a great history as many do, oh wait, I just noticed, Spirit has never won????????? Boy, I was out of the country too long! :o :ph34r: I thought they won 1 year while I was gone....

That's at least a 1 point penalty for me. :worthy:

I cannot keep it to just 1 or 2, this is too difficult, in a perfect world, everyone would/could win it all. BAC and Spirit and Blue, and well, there are just too many.