Ok.....here we go!

well i think we will be able to tell when the competiting starts how things go, and whats gonna happen when they do win, will people get to harass you relentlessly? this is bascially just like football, people make predictions in the preseason, is there something wrong with people making predictions that academy will go all the way....im sure you, yourself have made predictions on sports teams in the preseason so why can't everybody else?

If Academy blows everyone else out of the water and wins every show by at least 2 points, sure... revive this thread and make fun of me all you want. That won't happen, though.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding...

And taking the gold in Division 1 1/2, Academy!

They're a great corps and got a lot going for them, but when you've got a 60+ member hornline with pretty much all college kids, you aren't really competing with anyone.

you know, i tried to bite my tongue on this one, but...yeah, i just can't. 2004, academy's first competitive season, they fielded 54 horns, the majority of whom were NOT college students. (trust me) it doesn't matter how old or how many people you have, if you don't have talented kids and a talented staff, it's pretty hard to do well.

you know, i tried to bite my tongue on this one, but...yeah, i just can't. 2004, academy's first competitive season, they fielded 54 horns, the majority of whom were NOT college students. (trust me) it doesn't matter how old or how many people you have, if you don't have talented kids and a talented staff, it's pretty hard to do well.

to add to this, the average age both years of the academy was between 16 and 18 years old..........unless u have some REALLY smart kids, i highly doubt that 16-17 yr olds are in college.

Only five corps in history have gone undefeated: 1982 BD, 1994 BD, 2000 Cadets, 2002 Cavaliers and Magic.

Since you included Magic, I assume you mean undefeated in a corps' given division. If so:

1994 Pioneer

1995 Pioneer

1995 Academie

1998 Mandarins

2003 Blue Stars

That's off the top of my head. Could be more.

wow the corps is really that young? sheesh i thought they were older...

yeah...it's a common misconception :)

Since you included Magic, I assume you mean undefeated in a corps' given division. If so:

1994 Pioneer

1995 Pioneer

1995 Academie

1998 Mandarins

2003 Blue Stars

thanks... i assumed there were more... but to be honest, i didn't feel like looking through every corps history. In 94, Nite Express (the second place corps) was .6 behind them at a show a week before finals... not exactly untouchable. In 95, Pioneer only one finals by .9... I would call that competition. Academie in 95 was pretty untouchable, though they only competed in 9 shows... Not exactly a full tour. Mandarins only beat Phantom Legion by .1 at Div 3 prelims and .5 at Div 3 Finals in 98. 2003 Blue Stars were pretty dominating. That's about all I can say about them.

Keep in mind, though, that these are all corps that had done extensive touring before the year they went undefeated (except for Academie... but they did about the same amount of shows in 94 as 95 and actually more in 92 and 93). I just don't see Academy going out and completely dominating division 2 their first full tour.

1994 Pioneer

1995 Pioneer

1995 Academie

1998 Mandarins

2003 Blue Stars

Don't forget Oregon Crusaders 2004.

Last I checked my ring, it said "undefeated" on it.

That was our first year to finals, too. And with no extensive tours prior to that.