Ok.....here we go!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep an eye out for BDB. Too often the West Coast corps will ignore the cute little corps from Concord until their drum line comes out of nowhere and delivers a bruisin'.

Academy is focused, as is Impulse and Fever. OC likes winning and last year didn't go down too well with them - expect things to be turned up a couple of notches.

Jersey Surf is packed with talent and fun; unfortunately for them there is more talent in the stands than in the judges' booth.

Teal Sound will continue to progress and leave some former leaders in their wake; however, it will take another year of a stable staff to work up to the pointy end of the spear.

This year's wild card will be Revolution. Note to would-be contenters, never - I repeat - never take your eyes off the Revolution. if you blink they will no longer be there, and you will have found yourself left behind.

Vanguard Cadets are tightening things up and the lines between the talent in the Division I corps and the Division II corps will become difficult to tell apart. And in the mix with them are the Spartans and East Coast Jazz. When these corps come together - GET READY TO RUMBLE!

But there is one last thing to keep in mind. As with any season, ECJ is very dangerous when the season comes into the red zone. Anything can happen then - history has shown comfort zones get smashed, paradigms are destoryed, and innocence is abandoned when this corps gets down to the wire. And if Covington's chops remain in high gear . . . well, the final tabulation is probably already written.

But then again . . . maybe not.

See you in Madison,

Michael

:worthy::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by mkcarlson

I don't do these predictions or get into who's better than whom.

Having said that, if BDB matches or improves upon last year, it's going to be exciting what they can achieve this year. The 05 BDB corps was an incredible corps that definitely ranked amongst the best in BDB's history........

Keep and eye on Memphis Sound. Lots of things have fallen into place over the winter with the addition of a few new faces and some other things that have yet to be annouced and I won't annouce yet. Scott Koter will be certain to keep the Sound on top of the game and the show will be very fan friendly and is certain to be one of the most enjoyable of all the corps in Div. 2. The entire staff has a totally new metality entering this new season and this will carry down to the kids. Expect Memphis to shake some water this season.....Look what happened to the Cavaliers when Koter took over there..........

Now if only they could get off those Jupiter horns :)

Haha, I'll take that as a compliment I guess. But I can assure you I have no influence on the corps success. The corps as a whole works well and hard and has some very talented people within the organization. I'm just another member.

Now if only they could get off those Jupiter horns :)

Jupiter? :worthy:

I didn't even know they had a marching brass line...

ACADEMY.

No competition.

No competition? Shouldn't you give all the other D2 corps some credit?

Academy will have some competition...but even if they field a corps identical(not better, although all they have been doing is improving) to last year, they will win. I've competed and watched from a fan's point of view and their corps this last three years has consistently been way ahead of all competition. I hope someone can try and tackle this monster but its like having a good college football team compete against the high school leagues. Academy will be in Div I soon enough!