Ok.....here we go!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, since I'm not really a fan -- do sports teams do this? I mean 'the recruiters went to a lot of schools this year - we'll have a great team next year and wow everyone' .... no? That just seems a little odd to me.

We've only just had the first round of auditions - which - I hate to break it to ya - but your 80 person horline at audition weekend will dwindle.

People will realize

'oh, this is hard. I don't wanna do this.'

or

'you mean I can't pay my tuition fees in beads and chickens?'

or

'oh man, I didn't pass algebra and have to go to summer school'

not to mention the

'sweet! I got into Blue Bananas! I'll march there instead!!'

or the

'my family really needs me to work this summer'

the excuses go on and on and on......

Wait a few more months. Let your lines actually get settled. Let the guards do winter guard and come back in the spring for their final auditions pumped and ready.

Patience. Perseverance. Practice.

.....yeah.

I got a headache after reading throught this thread. I suggest people who have little to no drum corps experience, don't comment, and for those who do, don't post if it's just dumb. And I love how like 5-6 people(not to point fingers.. but the west coast people) contradict themselves as the thread goes on.

Edited by MelloHorn13

I definitely might be biased, but Blue Devils B suprised even me last year. I don't know if anyone remembers, but they were kicking MAJOR butt last season before their tour ended. I was almost kicking myself for leaving them :( I know a few of their power players have moved up to BDA, or moved on to other corps, but the fact that they have one of the best staffs in the activity will definitely lead them to greatness.

All my love, BDB. If I was in Cali, I'd probably be back for another season.

I definitely might be biased, but Blue Devils B suprised even me last year. I don't know if anyone remembers, but they were kicking MAJOR butt last season before their tour ended. I was almost kicking myself for leaving them :( I know a few of their power players have moved up to BDA, or moved on to other corps, but the fact that they have one of the best staffs in the activity will definitely lead them to greatness.

I didn't get to see them last year (wont either... wont be on dvd's, and they did a west coast based tour) but you are right... they were kicking butt.

but the first part of my statement remains as well. Similar to Academy, they did a mostly west coast tour... not much judgement as to how well they did, from a total standpoint.

~>conner

woooow, i can't believe how incredibly defensive people are getting in here.

"gaaahd, how could you possibly say that YOUR corps would win?!"

1. i don't see anything wrong with that, though those who would honestly say that would be incredibly self-important. don't get angry, let them prove themselves on the field

2. sarcasm. don't take everything as a personal dig. if you do, you'll have a very sad life.

i wish everyone the best of luck this year. i'm sure all of the corps will continue to improve, and academy will provide a strong new competitor!

rock on.

(edit: spelling error. oopsie)

Edited by mello_laurel

easy show, early season peak... wonder what would of happen if they took that show on a full tour?

easy show, early season peak... wonder what would of happen if they took that show on a full tour?

says the guy who's screen name is supkdawg :P

~>Conner