Pacific Crest Announces 2006 Program

Pacific Crest proudly announces their 2006 program, From the City of Angels.

With their flair for Noir and their Los Angeles location, Pacific Crest is such a natural to perform the jazzy, brooding City of Angels that some fans will be left asking, "What took you so long?"

Others will wonder, "What unique innovations will Pacific Crest bring to a classic tale of beautiful women, sinister men, and darkened streets where anything can happen?"

Audiences will have to wait until the summer to see the full story unfold, but Program Coordinator Dale Leaman promises, "A new look, a new sound, and a crowd-pleasing show filled with more twists and turns than Mulholland Drive."

For more information about Pacific Crest, visit www.pacific-crest.org

Yes, City of Angels has some great music, but how does a corps wih a rep history of music of Benjamin Britten & Ralph Vaughan Williams (05), Ginestera (03), Cirque de Soleil (02) and Prokofiev (01) indicate a " flair for Noir "???

quote name='arivas2002' date='Dec 9 2005, 12:43 AM' post='1227768']

Pacific Crest proudly announces their 2006 program, From the City of Angels.

With their flair for Noir and their Los Angeles location, Pacific Crest is such a natural to perform the jazzy, brooding City of Angels that some fans will be left asking, "What took you so long?"

Others will wonder, "What unique innovations will Pacific Crest bring to a classic tale of beautiful women, sinister men, and darkened streets where anything can happen?"

Audiences will have to wait until the summer to see the full story unfold, but Program Coordinator Dale Leaman promises, "A new look, a new sound, and a crowd-pleasing show filled with more twists and turns than Mulholland Drive."

For more information about Pacific Crest, visit www.pacific-crest.org

Sounds good. Black pants, jazzy show, crowd-pleasing... what took you so long? lol I've always had a soft spot for this corps and I'm excited to see what they can do with this show. The source music is awesome. I just hope they don't lose the darker identity that I remember them for (ala 1999 Dracula :laugh: ^0^ )

Flair for noir? 2002 ring a bell? Now THAT was a show...

Good luck PC, I'll look forward to seeing ya'll this season :)

The source music is awesome.

unless you read something we didn't....they didn't announce what they are playing. "From the City of Angels" doesn't mean anything, it might imply music from "City of Angels," but I strongly doubt it. More likely their musical selections will have to do with the other part of that noir sentence "their Los Angeles location."

Always a pleasure...good luck PC, see you in Madison.

Edited by tubawarrior

as in following the trend of Cavaliers 2005?????

unless you read something we didn't....they didn't announce what they are playing. "From the City of Angels" doesn't mean anything, it might imply music from "City of Angels," but I strongly doubt it. More likely their musical selections will have to do with the other part of that noir sentence "their Los Angeles location."

Note his screen name is PCOP_trumpet04... :D

PC, right before you guys tune up for DCI finals week, you always look like a 11-13 place corps at the finals but what momentum you had is gone when you that 2-3 week break that comes in mid to late July. I 'm hoping this chances for 2006 and see you place in the top 12 instead of 17-19 place in the past. That 2-3 week break is just a killer but I know it's needed to clean things up. I hope the judges give your corps a break because this past summer at the DCI finals, it didn't happen. Success to 2006 PC.

Note his screen name is PCOP_trumpet04... :D

Haha, close, but no cigar... Pacific Coast Orchestral Playas. There are number of other more "inappropriate" anagrams, this one being the original. It started from a group of my high school buddies, all going to different colleges up the coast. When we came home for the first winter break we thought it'd be a good idea to play on the streets for money. We never got any, but it was good times.

For those interested, here's the link to some clips for the City of Angels soundtrack on Amazon...

City of Angels