Signature Drill Moves

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There certainly are rights and wrongs to the musical issue. And for the third time, as it relates to the TOPIC of this thread (i.e.: Signature Drill Moves), I could care less what those specific rights or wrongs are. My commentary was directed more to the TOPIC, which was how great I think that particular drill move is.

And yes, I think that Phantom Regiment marching band has some great trumpets. (could care less about that terminology as well) :)

We've always been pretty aware that we weren't playing actual fugues, although I think there was an actual fugue in the 03 ballad.

In 04 we had the fugue-like section in the closer...we either called it that or something like Saucedian Polyphony or something like that. At least that's always what I thought in my head. We are dorks.

Phantom's kick is always nice to see. I also like Vanguards wavy lean that they did in '04 and other years.

We've always been pretty aware that we weren't playing actual fugues, although I think there was an actual fugue in the 03 ballad.

In 04 we had the fugue-like section in the closer...we either called it that or something like Saucedian Polyphony or something like that. At least that's always what I thought in my head. We are dorks.

Those were both rounds....

And awesome DRILL at those points...esp the set in '04....very much a complement to what was going on musically...added complexity which increases in tension moving out toward the end of the block...but as they hit resolution, the form is back as a block (very nicely executed)

Edited by sooneralum2001