Signature Drill Moves

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiment - Icebeargs, and of course the kick-out...w-pulls (mother of all had to be 91)

Cadets - gotta be their high velocity of the mid-90s --love the drill in 97

Blue Devils - box rotations - there's a very nice one in the openner in 99

Cavaliers - diamond cutter, DNA move

Troopers - Sunburst

Glassmen - the triangle (lol, the triforce - for zelda fans)

Boston - collapsing the corps into a stratight line, then expanding into a block - 2000, most recent I can think of

Madison - Fleur de lis

Boston - collapsing the corps into a stratight line, then expanding into a block - 2000, most recent I can think of

Did it in 01... and a variation of it in 02, 03, and 04

Kevin Fords signature move.

Did it in 01... and a variation of it in 02, 03, and 04

Kevin Fords signature move.

Anyone ever gone back and looked at older occassions from other corps of 2 lines approaching each other...just doesn't seem the same after Boston has done it...look at Cadets 97 for example...I think in that case it was 2 lines approaching 2 lines...but they just pass right through, nothing happens...

And for good measure, '...'

Cavies' numerous diamond cutters, Cadets' z-pull, PR's crab-walking and Phantom-kick, Madison's fleur-di-lis and rotating company front, STAR OF INDIANA'S CROSSES don't care if they only did in '91, when I think Star, I think those crosses.

I'm starting to like Crown's crown ('04 was the best).

I suspect we've covered most of the "signature" moves. Allow me to offer a couple of favorites that might not be signatures in the sense that they're not really defined by a single corp.

I love it when the design moves separate elements of the corps in some sort of strong formation, then makes those elements fit together perfectly.

For instance, in the 80s when Cavies did Firebird (was it 88?), the horns and drums formed two parallelograms left and right. The guard funnels into a third parallelogram behind them. Then with yellow flags (was it yellow?) flying, the guard rushed into the breech between the two blocks, creating one perfect block at one perfect moment in the score.

Blue Devils did something similar but different in 2003 when the brass (can't remember if the drums went too) moved back and left in two solid blocks. As the music resolved, the guard emerges from between the diagonal blocks, moving retrograde to the horns, their colorful uniforms in contrast to the dark look of the horns.

In both cases, you had solid forms moving not together but in sync while contrasting somehow in color or motion. Two perfect ballet moments on the field. I love drum corps.

HH

Edited by glory

Glassmen's triangle with a triangle in side conecting the midpoint.

box drill: cavies, blue devils, cadets, boston...... the list goes on.....

You mean the shield? :laugh:

cap010.jpg

It's the corps logo:

Glassmen.jpg

Edited by 4malletmarimba