Summer 2006 Dreaming ...

Sounds like a good show theme. My comment about the drumming did not mean to suggest that there is not very many other good things about this corps. I was fortunate to catch Spirt of NJ's show several times last summer and their performamce was one of those I always looked forward to seeing. These kids never failed to show me how hard they had been working and how much they had improved from one show to the next in all captions.

Unless my memory is failing me, in Manchester, NH, last year I saw your equipment truck arrive on a flatbed. I looked at it roll by and I just smiled and thought, "Yeah, this is one gutsy, can-do corps."

In Brockton, I went down to field level for your performance on Tuesday because sometimes I just like to get that intense feel of being there again ... (this is something I only do for corps that yank my heartstrings) ... and, yeah, you pulled me in and blew me away and I felt that wind and rush and the beat and I watched the faces and connected and felt that joy of performing.

Thanks, Spirit of NJ. See you this summer.

Thank you for the very nice comments. Last year was special for us. The kids did work extremely hard and their efforts payed off. This year we are looking to improve and hope to be performing more than once in Madison.

I did not take your comment about drumming as anything other than you liked that part of our show. I want people to know that this year, we are planning to rock the house. The drumline, so far, is coming along extremely well. The hornline is full of veterans and growing. The new visual team is working hard to put a great show on the field this year.

> Unless my memory is failing me, in Manchester, NH, last year I saw your equipment truck arrive on a flatbed. I looked at it roll by and I just smiled and thought, "Yeah, this is one gutsy, can-do corps." <

Our truck blew a piston 100 miles north of Manchester as we were coming in from Canada. "That tow bill hurt!" The parents association was extremely instrumental (no pun intended) in helping us get a Rental Truck, that night, for the rest of the tour. :sigh::sigh:"A big THANK YOU to the father of one child in Manchester South band." :worthy::worthy::worthy: He arranged the truck AND a place for us to get our truck fixed. We met a lot of very nice people there that night.

I hope you get to come out and see us this summer. We are planning some great things.

And, believe me, we will pull the heartstrings and attempt to blow our fans away.

"One Heart One Soul One Spirit"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic