OK, Lets try CT. Hurricanes Funny Moments (And Poll)

Funniest Moment  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your Funniest Moment in the Hurcs!

• Jay (Shorty) running off @ retreat to Pee
    • Sky playing "Come In From The Rain
    • Ray Fallon's Motorcycle "Ride" (Bronx NY)
    • Toga, Toga, Toga (At the Hotel)
    • Bill G***or Naked in the Lobby (EastonPA)
    • "Inga" tours Allentown for DCA

Then there was the hard a** Mickey Kelly (Sorry Mick) in 1982 this girl in the Rifle line at practice came walking past the horns semi-circle, her lip was split wide open...blood everywhere on her shirt...and I hear Mickey Kelly yell "Hey Lizzy just get a towel and come right back....... we gotta fix this ya know"!

Again 1982, we finished showering before the show and Pepe walks up to the shower area and says

"BULLS$%T somebahhhdy get me dat ladder over dare"! Yup! we had to bring a ladder into the shower where Pepe stood on the bottom Step to take his shower!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) God Bless Pepe!!

Pepe and his MACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and his impersonation of George Parks after beating Reading to win Championship

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liz,

That was probably Inga II or III by that time! thats IF you could see the way they abused her "asset's" that year I was talkin' about..... that is too funny though...someone must have thought it so funny, they went out and bought another!!! :angry:

see this as "things i'm glad i missed". :P

Pepe and his MACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and his impersonation of George Parks after beating Reading to win Championship

Hey wasn't your win in 1981????? Just trying to remember.

Mike Ryan

"This is known in Hurricane Folklore as "Vic in the Box"

One of my soprano players in 1988, decided that we needed a new DM box/podium. The one we were using had been around for a few years, and was very heavy! So Paul decided to go to woodshop and build me a new one... We used it in Albany NY and about half way thru the show I could feel the center of it sinking as I bounced,,so I position my feet as not to sink, the corps goes into the closer and when we start the windnoise that leads to Dougie's Return of the 7 solo, I reposition myself to the center of the box for the big Mag 7 impact when I point at the crowd, so the corps goes back field building the wedge, they turn ...CRASH..the top gives out and I fall into the box right as the corps turns to the audience for the impact. Well, they do the Mag 7 chords and I am nowhere to be found...as they come forward on Mag 7, I raise my baton out of the box....and direct the remainder of Mag 7 from inside the DM box. The pit could not control themselves thro-out . As the corps leaves the field, I was climbing out and the support staff decided to help and I fell back in!! Crowd gave me a Standing O when I finally got out...just a few nicks and cuts ..but survived! Paul then told me as we came off the field that he should of used "stonger wood" not plywood!!

One of my moments !! "

--------------------

Vic Kulinski Jr.

Atlanta CorpsVets - 2006

Bridgemen Alumni - 2005,2006

DCA South Region Coordinator - 2005, 2006

Orlando Heat Wave - 1992 - 2005

Connecticut Hurricanes - 1973 - 1989