4 ea all SUPERIOR CONDITION Dynasty 3 Valve Mellos "G"

$325.00 Ea plus shipping

1 Ea Chrome Dynasty 2 Valve Bari EXCELLENT CONDITION

$175.00

1 Ea Bb Silver Euphonium Tune any Note $800.00 DEMO

2 Valve Silver Contras EX condition 2 w/ cases $500.00 ea

2 Silver without cases $450.00 ea

Contact thebrassshop@charter.net

My Corps needs two Kanstul "G" 3 Valve Soprano's Have any of them for sale??

My Corps needs two Kanstul "G" 3 Valve Soprano's Have any of them for sale??

I have been asking him for years about them.I don't think he even knows what one is. :P

I have been asking him for years about them.I don't think he even knows what one is. :P

LOL I know Some of their guys are a bit slow on the upchuck. A few years ago I asked for some parts for a K-90 Contra, and I might as well asked them to find a Fart in a Jacuzzi.. Some of the folks in kanstul's parts sales are like that too. Totally clueless. And If you're reading Charles, No Offence! But you know I'm right!

I have not had a Kanstul sop available used in 2 years

Just teasing you a bit.

:blink:

Just teasing you a bit.

:worthy:

Ed,

What's good Kanstul horns going for now adays?

Thanks,

Ed,

What's good Kanstul horns going for now adays?

Thanks,

Depends on your definition of good. But the Average rate for used G kanstuls are around.

350 - 425 for Sopranos

400 - 500 for Mellophones and baritones

450 - 600 for Euphoniums

2000 - 3500 for 3 valve Contras

4 valve Grandes I'd say are worth 3500 - 3750 maybe more depends on the horn.

I know I wouldn't sell my Grande 3 Valve Contra for less than 2500. But it's NOT 4 sale!

That's the round about price for horns that are complete, playable, and in good to exellent cosmetic shape. With a useable mouthpiece and most of a case.. You know what I mean!

If its a little nicer they may bring a few extra bucks. I'm being pretty general.

Depends on your definition of good. But the Average rate for used G kanstuls are around.

350 - 425 for Sopranos

400 - 500 for Mellophones and baritones

450 - 600 for Euphoniums

2000 - 3500 for 3 valve Contras

4 valve Grandes I'd say are worth 3500 - 3750 maybe more depends on the horn.

I know I wouldn't sell my Grande 3 Valve Contra for less than 2500. But it's NOT 4 sale!

That's the round about price for horns that are complete, playable, and in good to exellent cosmetic shape. With a useable mouthpiece and most of a case.. You know what I mean!

If its a little nicer they may bring a few extra bucks. I'm being pretty general.

I have seen Kanstuls like this

275-500 for sops $400 being the average.

300-600 for mellos and baris $500 being average

euphs 450-800

and contras as little as 2k and as much as 6k.

Contras are extreamly hard to sell.Especially Kanstul.

Contras are extreamly hard to sell.Especially Kanstul.

I don't see a reason why, you can have the tubes cut to BBb if it came down to it.

I didn't have too much trouble selling the last kanstul 3 valve I had and that was pretty bent up. And I was already offered 2500 for mine. Contras are hard to get, if the right people see it you can get good money pretty quick for them. And the Older Kanstuls with the Chrome Plated valves are much nicer than the ones or DEGs including the Wilson horns. The monel valves in these newer horns are horrible

All the manufacturers are copying yamaha's mistake. Monel really isn't designed for a fast sliding/piston application. and it seems to have a negative reaction with the brass causing the monel to turn black, which is the why the kanstuls have a reputation for bad valves. Monel is better suited for use with Magnesium or Aluminum.

I'm lucky enough to have a prototype contra with the nickel chrome valves. I don't need to soak the crap out of them in blue juice every time I use the horn. One thin line of Venture oil, and it lasts all day.

A few year ago I read a post I think it was on the trumpet herald forum went into length about this. I remember the folks I marched in high school with when the one got a strad. He left his yamaha student trumpet in his cage for like 6 months, when he took it out he had a heck of a job getting the valves going. The monel that isn't supposed to corrode was completely black, Except around the where the tubing cut outs didn't touch the valve body. I'm not the brightest mechanic but its telling me that monel and brass cause a severe galvanic corrosion issue.

Funny none of my OLDS horns or my Buescher Sousaphone, or the Contra with chrome plated valves have that problem. And my Olds horns sit unplayed for months between maintenance oils.

I still love kanstul’s horns. I’d love to just try their BBb Upright bass tuba. Amazing how Kanstuls concert tuba’s are designed like a mix of Olds O-99 and Conn 10J. I’d love to see what quality of rotary valved french horns, and tuba’s they’d make if they took on the challenge.