Cavaliers Drumline 2006

Any word from Cavies or from folks involved with them on whether or not they are changing technique or style since Casella took over. Are they going to tilt their snares, etc?

It would be weird to see Cavies with a tilt on the snares. I'm sure they'll be quality however the drums are mounted.

they gonna losen up the snare heads?

and I would love to see Cavies with tilted drums. I think the only two division 1 corps left with them are BK and Seattle... is that right (unless SCV is going back to tilted since they are going back to traditional grip)

~>Conner

they gonna losen up the snare heads?

and I would love to see Cavies with tilted drums. I think the only two division 1 corps left with them are BK and Seattle... is that right (unless SCV is going back to tilted since they are going back to traditional grip)

~>Conner

What about the sponsorship issue, Pearl or Yahama? Are the Cavies going to change or Casella?

Edited by Jeffe77

I believe we could see Cap Reg go to the tilt. The new drumline instructor there is the current instructor at Stephen F. Austin HS in Sugar Land, TX, and they do the tilted drums and play Murray Gusseck cadences (Double Beat especially).

Although it'd be interesting to see cavaliers go tilted, i doubt it will happen, as it was probably more of a gusseck idea than casella (really...jim anaconda is the drum teacher, and he's not into the tilted drums). The flow technique will be interesting, as it will match well with the cavaliers' marching technique.

The Cavaliers use all Yamaha (horns and drums), like The Cadets. I don't think they really want to change, and they probably have an endorsement contract or something anyway to keep them from going to Pearl (at least for 06)...