Camp Randall

I bought some tickets for finals next year in Madison awhile back. My seats are in the upper-deck, section FF (right in the middle), 21st row. I have concerns that those seats may be too high, or too far away from the playing field (Camp Randall's upper deck sits quite a bit back). Has anyone else ever sat up there? How is it for drum corps?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I marched at Camp Randall with the UW Marching Band. I also watched some games from the upper deck as a fan after college. It is a little high up but the sound will be pretty good. It will be hard to see the sticking patterns of the drumlines (if you're into that part of drumcorps), but over all you will have a great view of the drills. The upper half of the lower deck would be better, but I would take the upper deck over lower seats (below halfway up) in the lower deck.

You will have fun no matter what!

Does anyone know how many rows are in the lower deck? I want to be about 3/4 the way up but am not sure how far up that really is.

I think there are 70 rows in the lower section. It has been remodeled a few times since I've been there. I'm sure the UW's web site must have some information on the stadium.

Edited by Roark1

Bottom line for any location: If you want sound...sit close....if you want drill....go high :)

Yeah, I figured that, but I want a happy medium. Thats why I am shooting for 3/4 the way up in the lower level where I can still get a good view of the drill and hear the sound loud and clear.

The past three years I have sat in the upper level. At Orlando, I was ALL the way up. At Mile High, I didn't think I was going to be that high when I first purchased my tickets, only to end up in the nose bleeds. And at Foxboro, I yet again ended up higher than I wanted. All three years the sound just wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I should point out that the upper levels at Denver and Boston are a lot higher compared to Camp Randall. I sat up stairs in Denver for semifinals. I'm talking 50 yard line 3rd row from the top. I remember being hit by an airplane!!! WAIT...THAT WAS THE CRAZY SINGING AND NARRATION!!! b**bs

I bought some tickets for finals next year in Madison awhile back. My seats are in the upper-deck, section FF (right in the middle), 21st row. I have concerns that those seats may be too high, or too far away from the playing field (Camp Randall's upper deck sits quite a bit back). Has anyone else ever sat up there? How is it for drum corps?

Those seats are HORRIBLE. I'll take them off your hands for ya... B)

don't forget..if you want to park..go to Middleton or Black Earth. :P

Yes..the parking situation in Madison is bad. :sshh:

Oh....it's not that bad. God Forbid you actually have to walk a little. There is plenty of parking on side streets, and also in various church lots, etc.

Madison is the BEST venue for finals, and the city welcomes drum corps fans with open arms!!!!! Yay for Finals in Madison!!!