Bluecoats

A simple way to look at it is like this: even when college basketball teams that have won the NCAA torunament have a down year, they still get points for "mystique" from fans, announcers, etc.

North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, and so on...all have had off years, much like Madison has. But, since they've been able to win it all before (a la the Scouts in 1975 and 1988), they get a little psychological boost in some aspects, and more recognition in others. Nature of the beast and all that.

I'd liken Bluecoats to a consistent "Elite Eight" team...much like a Texas or Oklahoma...ones that can see the top of the mountain, and are about to make that next step.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the fact that UCLA and USC met up 8 times during the 2005 season.............. and USC only beat once, the the last game.... (by 2 points).

(I'm just saying.... :tic: )

Easy there with the "need more difficult drill" comments. Watch some high cams from 04 and 05 and check your statement. :)

How many other corps have 200 sets of drill? I can think of one or two. Watch for step size/velocity/changes of direction as well. I'm not saying it's better or worse than other corps X, but I will go on record saying it's near the top of the heap in terms of sheer difficulty.

Edited by BlooooContra

I agree with most on this. Quite a few corps, Glassmen, BAC, ect, have made it into the top 5 or 6, and even stayed there for a few years. That seems to be a trend in DCI. But it takes time to see if they have what it takes to stay there. I just don't think the time has passed to accurately judge the Bluecoats.

Well actually in the last 20 years the Bluecoats have placed higher than the Crossmen 10 times and the crossmen have placed higher than the Bluecoats 10 times.

during this time The Crossmen have been out of finals 4 times and the Bluecoats have been out of finals 2 times.

I would say the two corps have been fairly evenly matched since the bluecoats made their move into the top 25 in 1986, and have been fairly close competitors over most of those years.

not quite.

since 1977 the CROSSMEN finnished OVER the BLUECOATS 19 times .

to the COATS 10

going back 1990-2005

bluecoats -crossmen

6-----------10

back to 1980-1989

bluecoats ---crossmen

4 6

back to 1977

coats --------crossmen

0--- --- 3

not sure about 1979 or 1983 ? did Bluecoats field a corps those years ??

Is it fair to say that the Bluecoats are currently the best corps that has NEVER won?

no.

Spirit finished 4th in 1979 and 1980

blue stars finished 2nd 1972 and 1973

no.

Spirit finished 4th in 1979 and 1980

blue stars finished 2nd 1972 and 1973

....currently? 1972 doesn't sound like too recent results....