Bluecoats

They're frickin' MADISON for God's sake! Who the #### cares where they finish? They RULE! There is something to the idea of "iconic" status that in this case transcends finals placement. They could place dead last in quarters and I'm still jumping on my seat 'cause I get to see Madison. They have a history of kicking my a**, regardless of placement.

w/Stp: :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now about Blue... they were awesome and top tier last year.... if they can keep it up for a few more years, they will have earned the right to stay there. From what I have heard, their show & their brass staff (mostly Canadian!!!!) and the addition of Drew Shanefield this year, will make them hard to beat. Doug Thrower will undoubtedly deliver an amazing show again.

The two are clearly not comparable any longer.

[/quote

your making fans.

not.

This post has been edited by dcifan2002: Today, 01:23 AM

Surely likewise, with the members of the corps that you routinely disregard to speak only blind optimism and compliments towards the one corps you post about. It's not like I insulted the Crossmen. 6th isn't a placement close to 14th; the only corps who might say it would be, would probably be the Blue Knights after their disasterous '01 season. In general drum corps terms, its not, and you can't compare the two. Sorry. What aspect of their production CAN you compare to ours?

I like the Crossmen. I hope they succeed in the near future, because there's only a few of their shows in the 20 or so I've heard, that I don't like. I enjoyed their show from this year very much. I also enjoy correct homonyms, but I guess that's one thing we don't agree on.

I'm done posting on this thread for now, because I've contributed all I intend on contributing....it's a matter of personal opinion, and that cannot change. I agree with the majority that say that changing people's perception of the corps, will have to be done through consistancy. dcifan2002 (why even bother having a name that vague and far-reaching?), if you have anything else to say in regards to our "discussion" and whatnot, PM me.

Edited by Jared_mello

While I am not a staff member (So please correct me if I am out of line), I would like to offer my personal opinion on this subject.

If you're a current member, please refrain from discussing our organization through message boards. Nobody cares what we think of our own organization, I think most posters are looking for opinions not from current members. (Please don't toot your own horn). Also, don't be so defensive against other's opinions of our group.

Thanks!

-Fellow Member

While I am not a staff member (So please correct me if I am out of line), I would like to offer my personal opinion on this subject.

If you're a current member, please refrain from discussing our organization through message boards. Nobody cares what we think of our own organization, I think most posters are looking for opinions not from current members. (Please don't toot your own horn). Also, don't be so defensive against other's opinions of our group.

Thanks!

-Fellow Member

A smart man .

Personal attack removed-JAS

1 year does not make a organization. :lolhit:

best of luck to ALL corps in 2006. :rock:

:rock::rock::worthy:

Edited by Tank

....it's a matter of personal opinion, and that cannot change. I agree with the majority that say that changing people's perception of the corps, will have to be done through consistancy.
1 year does not make a organization. :lolhit:

:rock:

I guess the PM thing won't work, then. Forget it.

Firstoff, I heart Scott Burka.

Ok. Couple of things here.

Love the Crossmen. Love their style. The only thing we've done that is remotely Bones-esque in the last 7 years is putting "In the Mood" in 2004. And needless to say, it was DRASTICALLY different than what they did with it in 2000 (also a cool show of theirs).

Bluecoats are top 5. The only way Blue is ever going to get on that magical little list is to win at least twice, then win a third time within another 5 or 6 years. Ken Fanti says it best, it's "the Rodney Dangerfield of drum corps."

SCV totally tanked this year. Are many people still considering them one of the top corps? You betcha. I absolutely love the Vanguard. I want to see them take another championship one day. Are they a top corps right now? No. The past is the past. If I were talking about top 5 in 2000, you can bet I'd mention Boston, no matter their history. The Crusaders earned that spot that year, thus earning the respect that comes along with it. Same goes for 99 Glassmen, etc.

That's fine though. :) We've kicked, screamed, and clawed our way up year after year for the last 6 years. We'll be happy to keep fighting until there isn't anywhere higher left to go.

That's enough outta me for now. :sshh: I have a place in my heart (and nothing but respect) for Cadets, Cavaliers, Phantom, BD, Bluecoats, and Madison (and many others!). and yes, that's the upper echelon right now, like it or not.

Every corps has had "lower" years at one point or another. The "big six" being discussed has been consitently in the top 4 (exception Star) for thhe last two decades. You want to turn some heads, get into fourth or third. Until then, people will look at you (deserved or not) as second tier. Just like many of the other corps already metioned as getting to 5th but no higher.

no.

Spirit finished 4th in 1979 and 1980

blue stars finished 2nd 1972 and 1973

27th Lancers 2nd and 4th in '80 and '81. Bridgemen 3rd in '80.