SCV Jan. Camp update + drumline VID

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm if that drum work is from the opener??? If so then ---- :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The drumline vid was weird. I wish they still had the old staff.

Can anyone confirm if that drum work is from the opener??? If so then ---- :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Uh I believe thats just a warm up.

that was definetely to repetitive to be the music... basic rudiments.

I'm thinking just a warmup.

~>conner

My bad...I never claimed to be a drum expert!!! :laugh:

This is not a complaint by any means, but I was also hoping to hear a bit more of the hornline. I'm not a drummer but I did think the vid was pretty cool!

At least I got to stop by for about an hour on Saturday night during hornline sectionals and ensemble practice. I was very happy listening to the arrangements as they are very melodic and have some nice impact points. After listening a while there were portions that reminded me of Trivandrum in '02 and others that reminded me of The Canyon in '99. Probably more because of the chord progressions I'm hearing - but without the choppiness of those years. It was also better hearing them outside compared to last month's indoor rehearsal because of the rain. The echoes were cool then but it just muddles the music. This was much better!

DM Alex came over to introduce himself to me and my daughter, which was cool to talk about how the corps is doing these days. He seems like a good kid, plus it didn't hurt that he's yet another baritone player turned DM. :) Only one complaint about Alex, what's up with the baggy pants with the crotch around the knees?? (Kiddin' ya bud) ^0^

I also got to talk to a few of the hornline members and listen to how excited they are about the music and the upcoming season. Overall it was cool but I just couldn't stay that long to hear any more... Good luck this season SCV! ^OO^

(PS Hey Jeff! Saw ya viewing this thread... keep up the good work!)