SCV Jan. Camp update + drumline VID

do they hand out badges at move-ins allowing you to call outsiders ignorant?

(p.s., I did notice that he edited his post).

I think megan_marie is right... don't take "ignorant" to mean "stupid." I doubt Bictaa is saying he is better than anyone. It IS probably amusing to "know" what's going on and to see what everyone else speculates. Wouldn't you be entertained, too? :)

I can't WAIT to see what the Santa Clara Vanguard is going to bring to the field this year, and even though we aren't as informed with what's going on there, that makes me even more excited for the summer.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with you. Now that Murray and Jim are gone, I was afriad that SCV was would become just another drumline. The thing that first attacted me to SCV was fact that the drumline takes a unique approach to rudimental drumming. What I saw in the vid sorta confirmed my suspicion. Of course it's early and hopefully I'm just overreacting.

I knew the era of the Jonz' was going to come to an end someday. (JONZ 1981-2005?)

When I read this thread I think Jonz' has a special meaning, first I thought it was just the name of the DVD's from the last two years. So can somebody explain me what it means?

I got informed of what that sound file was in the background this weekend....

It is actually their metronome that they listen to when they play the excercise. A dude in the snareline wrote the audio file on a program for music writing, (fruity loops, acid pro) to fit the excercise that they are playing.

I also have been told that they are going 4 tenors, and not 5. 4 were there for that camp, but the 5th guy couldn't make it. So they arn't set yet.....

I am good friends with the guy on the right so that's how i got the info.